Andrews Federal Credit Union Reviews

Great Place To Bank

I joined AFCU after my bank (Community Bank) failed to pay my rent as set up in an automatic withdrawal for three straight months.

Shortly after I joined I had to depart on a short notice deployment and needed to change an account at the last minute.  It was a weekend and luckily I had the business card with the local manger’s cell phone number. I called her at home and she promised to take care of the issue. My wife was worried that it wouldn’t workout but it did and I will be always grateful for the support I received. Would have never happened at by previous bank.

I have since switch all my banking to AFCU (credit card, auto loan, savings).  I know the employees, they are integral part of our community here overseas and that makes a big difference.  They are always doing something for service members and their families; attend our community meeting and events.

Their World Visa Card has very competitive rates and for a long time it was the only chip card available to Americans here in Europe which is important since most places do not use swipe readers any more.

If you are looking for a new banking facility, particularly if you are going to be overseas I highly recommend Andrews Federal Credit Union.

Too Many Hoops To Join And Get A Credit Card

I applied and got approved for an AFCU credit card two months ago.  However, I was told that I had to become a member before I could actually get the card.  So I completed the on-line membership application and provided another credit card to pay the membership funding fee.  One month later, no credit card arrived and when I called the credit union, they say that they do not have a record of my application although it was done online on their site and they cannot do anything with the confirmation number that I received from them after I completed the application.

This is 2012, it should not be this hard to apply for a credit card and to join a credit union.  They should be able to do better than this.

Andrews FCU Receives High Consumer Ratings From American Consumer Council

During the past year, hundreds of consumers who are members of the American Consumer Council have told us how pleased they are with the outstanding service and friendliness provided at Andrews Federal Credit Union. In an era when banking is difficult and its hard to get loans, Andrews FCU consistently receives the top ratings from consumer-members of the American Consumer Council.  We're pleased to recognize Andrews FCU for its commitment to service and helping consumers participate in our nation's economic recovery.

Thomas Hinton, President & CEO, American Consumer Council

Don't Waste Your Time On Andrews Credit Union (Or Give Them Your Money)

This credit union is an example of why our country has problems. I applied for a GlobeTrek credit card with a credit limit of $5,000 and was turned down. First they lost the application, then they didn't have enough information, so I faxed 26 pages! Then I was turned down. I am retired and worth over $2 million. I live off my investments. My house is paid for. I have no debts. Credit score of 831. The reason is I cannot prove my income. It's Social Security and withdrawals from accounts that have been invested wisely. I don't have an actual list of my withdrawals that are done through my broker, therefore I'm a bad risk. At the same time other credit card companies send me a least one offer a week for credit cards with much higher limits than this rinky dink operation. This proves the banks (credit unions) are not lending money.

Never again will I waste my time with Andrews Credit Union, and I am closing my account.

Great Experience

I have been a member for over five years and have had great customer service. I can handle most of my banking by phone, online banking or in person. Best of all, if I travel, I can access my account at any CU Services participating branch.