Citibank Reviews

High Fees And Fasle Promises

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Fees if you don't maintain a high balance.

Fees to use ATMs. Citi hardly owns any ATMs; I don't understand how they can get away without reimbursing the ATM fees.

Fees to get checks.Fees for everything you ask.

Promises bonuses like $100 or $200 to open account, but you need to go through a million hops to satisfy the requirements, wait 6 months and then if you are lucky you may receive the promised bonus. 99% of the time, you need to be behind them after the 6 month period is over to get anywhere with those promised bonuses.

Rates suck, any credit union rates are much better.

Credit card department is different from banking department and they don’t care about each other. It feels like you are dealing with two different banks even though they are the same.

STAY AWAY FROM CITIBANK THANK YOU POINT PROMOTIONS!!!

AVOID CITI PROMOTIONS AT ALL COSTS!

I AM SOOOO FRUSTRATED I'M READY TO GO POSTAL ON THEIR MARKETING DEPARTMENT!   I JUST FOUND OUT THAT AFTER GOING THROUGH THE HEADACHE OF APPLYING FOR CHECKING ACCOUNT (WHICH WAS A NIGHTMARE PROCEDURE EVEN THOUGH IT WAS ONLINE), AND DOING EVERYTHING THE THANK YOU POINT PROMOTION REQUIRED, THERE IS "FINE PRINT" WHICH WAS NOT EVEN PRINTED!!!!!   E.G. YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT 90 DAYS AFTER MEETING ALL THEIR REQUIREMENTS!!!!

I'M PULLING MY HAIR OUT!!!!!!!!!!

TO MAKE THINGS WORSE, I JUST GOT A LETTER IN THE MAIL THAT THE BANK HAS "MADE SOME CHANGES" WHICH WILL MEAN I'LL HAVE TO DISH OUT $20/MONTH UNLESS I MAGICALLY COME UP WITH $15,000 COMBINED DEPOSIT.

OK, NO PROBLEM, LET'S CALL AND SEE IF THEY HAVE A DIFFERENT PRODUCT THAT WILL NOT REQUIRE THIS MIN. DEPOSIT.... YES, THEY DO. OK, LET'S SWITCH.  WAIT... IF YOU SWITCH, YOU'LL LOSE THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET THOSE THANK YOU POINTS, EVEN THOUGH I JUMPED THROUGH ALL THE HOOPS THEY SET UP!!!!

Horrible Bank!!!

I will start by saying, i would give zero stars if i could. This is the worst bank with the worst customer service, down at the bottom of the list along with BOA. Dont even think about joining Citi unless you want to here that there is nothing they can do at the moment. I have beenput up with Citibank for 6 years and I am done. Chase bank is now 1 person greater. I posted a recent conversation i had with a rep so see for yourself. They dont even know the answer so they feed you crap.

Moises: Welcome to Citibank's Online Chat. My name is Moises. It is an honor to assist you today!

YEZENIA: Thank you, I am online to view my bank statements from Feb 2011 to October 2011 and i requested them yesterday. It then stated they would be available the next day and they are not. Can you help me?

Moises: I am sorry to hear that. I will be happy to assist you.

Moises: Did you go to the account section?

YEZENIA: Account section then statements

Moises: Correct.

YEZENIA: Yes, and they are not available.

Moises: Does it have a Message saying why>

Moises: ?

YEZENIA: No it simply shows the statements that are available which i already downloaded however the ones that i need are now telling me, once again, that they will be available the following day, tomorrow

Moises: I am sorry about that, you can request form them again, I can also do it for you however we will have to wait for them either way. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

YEZENIA: Okay, well I need them today which is why was happy that it said yesterday that they would be available the next day. What other way am i able to request them because if the message stated when I would receive them then your company must follow the information given to me.

Moises: I am sorry if they are more than 90 days old there is a 24 waiting period on either end.

YEZENIA: Okay and does your message state that? No. The message stated that following: ordered for next business day. With that said they should be accessible at this point.

Moises: It is possible that the system had a glitch and the statements were lost. I apologize about this inconvenience. They would have to be reordered.

YEZENIA: If i did not need them i wouldn't mind wwaiting another day, but when I am told something by a company then I expect it to be done as said. A glitch is not my problem, that fault is on citi. I need my statements as i said when i was told they would be available which is today.

Moises: I am sorry about that. I can request that they be mailed out to you as soon as possible. I can waive the shipping fee.

YEZENIA: Do you realize that mailing something takes a longer process? There must be a way for them to be emailed or faxed over even if it is not your protocol to do so. There was an error on your company's end and i should be provided with my request by your company in any way possible if your ccompany cares.

Moises: What time did you order the statements?

Moises: If the order was placed after 8 ET it will take longer since it was past the cut off time.

YEZENIA: I am not sure of the exact time, after 5:30 PM PST, so most likely around 6PM.

Moises: 8PM

Moises: That is 830 PM ET

Moises: The statements will be available for you to view by tomorrow.

YEZENIA: Okay, now where on your page does it state that?

Moises: When you place the action it is stated on the fine print at the bottom of the conformation window.

YEZENIA: NO, there is no fineprint except terms and conditions, I read fine print if it is available and its not. I actually just requested it again just to make sure so the statement you just made to me is false.

Moises: I am sorry about that. I know changes have been made to the site. I have looked up the cut off time in our systems and the cut off time is 8PM ET.

Moises: When you send a request some ones has to go and physically pull the files up. They leave at 7pm CT 8pm ET.

Moises: If the order was placed after that time they will not get the request until the next day Thursday, making it available on Friday.

YEZENIA: and that is my problem that changes have been made? It did not say it yesterday either so like i said before that is your company's fault. There is a very basic statement given which i already told you about and i simply want what is rightfully mine. My request was made and a response was given so I expect it to be completed as i was told.

YEZENIA: Im sure there are plenty of supervisors working with you, or at least someone with enough common sence to know how to pull up files and send them to me.

Moises: We can not pull them up.

Moises: Not even a supervisor.

Moises: The statements will be available to view tomorrow.

YEZENIA: So what is the point of your supervisors? To litterally watch their employees of citi bank tell their customers tat there is nothing else you can do? I have heard that plenty of times from your company. I want my files that i was told would be available today.

Moises: Some one has to pull them out of the archives. That takes 24 hours. Today the order was processed and will be fulfilled by displaying them by tomorrow.

Moises: The order was placed after the cut off time.

Moises: It is out of our hands.

Moises: It was just processed today and will be delivered by tomorrow.

Moises: They will be available by 6 am ET.

Moises: That would be 3 am your time.

YEZENIA: You just stated earlier: Moises: The statement will be available tomorrow. If you requested it again just now it will not be available until Monday. Saturday and Sunday are Non Working Business days. and you knowing i just requested it again are telling me tomorrow? I feel that you have no knowledge of what you are even saying.

Moises: The original request is still going to be fulfilled. They will be delivered tomorrow. The statements requested only have a 1 day life span after that they are deleted. The second request will be fulfilled by Monday if you do not check them by tomorrow.

YEZENIA: Whatever, I am not going to keep trying to get them from you, apparently they hire the best people full of crap to tell their customers, just like the phone reps do when i have called about issues with my account. Thanks for wasting my time and have fun getting paid to tell everyone that you cant assist them.

Moises: I am sorry you feel that way. They will be there tomorrow. Can I help you with anything else?

YEZENIA: Yes, let your supervisor know that this chat will be posted on your reviews so everyone thinking about joining citibank will think again.

Citi's Offers And Promos Are Confusing.

I've heard of many "scary" stories of Citi offers and promos gone wrong. Occasionally, I've been victimized by these myself too much more than other banks. I'm closing my Citibank.

For example, last night I only wanted to add my new Citi Platinum Select Mastercard on CitiCards.com, then I ended up losing 2 favorite login or user id because Citibank confused and lured me to link my CitiCards account to my Citibank checking account - rendering my old credit cards access - non-functional.

Beware of Citibank's confusing offers and promos. You may end-up like me who spent about 2 hours fixing the mess and losing 2 favorite CitiCards logins just because I want to add my new Mastercard to my existing web access.

Transfer From Another Credit Card

To put my feelings into the vernacular, this bank SUCKS.  I have now notified my representative (who is ourSpeaker of the House) the attorney general of the state of OH, and am working on various banking associations.  What CITI is doing is simply illegal.  This came to my attention about 6 months ago when CITI bgan a relentless calling campaign to me.  The deal was that Icould transfer any amount of money from another credit card or simply call it an INTEREST FREE LOAN for 13months.  I pay in full each month and have an excellent credit rating and history but I am not stupid either.  13 months of using money free was not a bad deal and up front costs were minimal-maybe $300 for a $10K transfer.  Again--no interest.  however, when I received my next month's statement (which I pay in full to avoid any interest,)I see a $50 interest charge.  I called (Bangladesh or India) and said--"WHOA- I paid for all of my charges in full, on time, and added $1000 in order to begin the elimination of the free $10K."  I was told the interest charge was an error.  next month, same thing. and then the third time,  I went thru channels and got a CITI BANKER who explained CITI takes your payments and applies it to the outstanding (interest free) amount FIRST, and then with the remainder charges interest, so this 3rd time, my interest was $3. since then I have stopped using my CITICARD totally..The point is:  THEY CHARGE INTEREST TWICE:  FIRST ON THE AMOUNT THEY SO ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRANSFER, then THEY CHARGED A SERVICE FEE FOR DOING SO, and THEN THEY CHARGE INTEREST AGAIN ON THE UNPAID PRINCIPAL WHICH would mean a monthly payment EVEN IF you don't charge anything.  AND TO THINK I DID THIS TO GET 10,000 MILES ON AMERICAN.  ok, I am stupid.  But this is illegal

Horrible Web Design Of Citibank Business Site

I have personal accounts with Citibank. I like their website okay. Some features are helpful, like the expense categorizer tool. And I often use the e-bill payment option, which I assume is standard with all banks. I also like that I can nickname my accounts so I don't have to remember which account is which.

Now, I just opened a Citi business account and after going through all the extra security measures to sign on with a token at www.citibusinessonline.com, I was taken aback at how crappy the look and feel of the Citi business user interface is. It looks like a grade school project. There is hyperlinked text for everything, no graphical buttons. It takes about 4 clicks just to get to see your account's transactions. 4 clicks!! On the personal Citibank site, you sign in and you get presented with an overview of all your accounts right from the get go. But the business online experience is a totally different animal. It looks like it was done in the 90s and then never updated again (It still uses frames, which are no longer supported in HTML5).

I called the Citibank Business department and very politely let them know that I feel I've been suckered into using Citibank for my business needs because they sell you on the regular Citibank website that has all the bells and whistles. I spoke to a supervisor and he spoke to a level 2 guy, but at the end it was just "thank you for letting us know."

The sad part is that I get charged $20/m for the business account (my personal accounts are free). For what? For a lousy, half-assed online experience? Citibank pays its CEO millions of dollars but it can't even allocate the funds to get a web development/design team together that replicates or improves upon the personal Citibank website? I am very disappointed in Citibank. What we need is a company like Google to start a brick-and-mortar bank and shake things up in the online bank user experience field.

Hands Down Worst Bank Ever. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

This is by far the WORST BANK that I have ever encountered. I had a mortgage with them, but could not pay it online unless I had a bank account. So I signed up for a savings and checking account. Then I get a notice that I will be charged a $20 monthly service fee, if I don't transfer $15,000 into my account. So I called to cancel my accounts. The Citibank rep told me that if I cancelled my checking and left the savings open I would not be charged. Not so. I was charged $40 in service fees. When I called to try and remedy the situation, I was stonewalled. When I asked for a manager, I was transferred to the call center for Chinese speaking customers. I was finally told that it did not matter that a Citibank rep lied to me. They will not credit my account back the money. The reason why, "because." WOW. I had records of the calls and everything they just don't care. They just wanted their $40. I am sure it was a very important $40. I would worry about their stability as a bank if that is the case. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS BANK YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Terrible Customer Service

I've talked to 5 representatives before talking to somebody helpful. I just spent an hour setting up online registration, something that should take 5 minutes. I had one representative tell me I would need the last four digits (ext.) of my zip code to register, nobody even knows that information. I had another representative give me a phone number to a machine that told me everything I already knew and that would not quickly connect me to a different representative (I didn't try very long due to frustration).

Atm Machines No Banks?

There are no banks in Washington. You have to use convenient stores with ATM machines. Not what I wanted to use, and of course you don't know about the extra fees until it happens to you.

Citibank Not Even Worth 1 Star!?

I am a former college student and single father. I graduated college over 3 years ago and have yet to aquire a job in my field. On the contrary, I do have a great job not in my field, but I could easily make more with my degree. However, jobs in my area are scarce.

I have made most of my student loan payments on time and my account is current. I owe $47,000 in student loans but I only make $30,000 a year. I have been on the phone with Citibank to discuss repayment options but they are very rude and refuse to work with me or meet me in person to discuss my loans.

I owe tens of thousands of dollars for my education and they will not even meet with me. When I call, almost all of the time the customer service reps are rude and very condescending. I do not have any other accounts with Citibank, but the way they have handled my student loans I will never ever use them for any kind of other financial services.

Citibank only cares about making money and could care less about their customers :(

Not Impressed

I had a Citi banking account for 4 years from the time I was 18 till I was 22. The online system and bill pay were easy to use and navigate, unfortunately my overdraft fees were 43 dollars each time, ridiculous. I am not rich or perfect with accounting and tend to overdraft my account a few times a year (my fault totally), but then on top of that they decided that my direct deposits and online bill pay were no longer accepted to have free checking. Instead, I had to have a minimum of $6000 monthly balance to receive free checking. I am sorry, I am not rich, I make 6000 every 2-3 months. I do what I can a month then they want to take another $7.50 from me because I don't have a lot of money. It was not good enough for them to have a Citi financial loan and a credit card through them, paying interest and fees, but they wanted to take my other money to live on.