EverBank Reviews

I Tried To Open An Account Back In 2008

I tried to open an account back in 2008. I finished the on-iine application but had some questions and decided to call them. It appeared they don't have customer service. Nobody picked up the phone. After three attempts I sent them email that I'm cancelling the application.

I've Been Impressed So Far, Excellent Customer Service!

I switched from Wells Fargo to EverBank and so far I have been impressed. I filled out my application online, printed it, faxed it in and mailed in my opening deposit. EverBank provided me with a FedEx account number to overnight my check to them. The account was opened in about two days. I setup my online account and accessed both personal and business checking accounts very quickly. I made my first iPhone deposits that night and everything was deposited the next day.

Customer service has been great, something I wasn't used to as a former Wells Fargo customer. I received all the answers I needed and was very pleased with the information. The technology with the bank seems to be very good. The web interface for online banking takes a little getting used to, but after using it for a while now I have become accustomed to it. The EverOne feature is very neat, very similar to Mint.com.

I highly recommend EverBank to anyone in need of a checking account but doesn't have a need of withdrawing cash often or depositing cash. I keep an account with a local bank in case I never need to cash a check or deposit cash (rare) but overall EverBank provides me all that I need.

Be aware that Bill Pay is not free unless you keep an average daily balance of $5,000. I don't need this all that much and when I do I can simply use my local bank. Other than that, no fees whatsoever for my account. Thank you EverBank!

Excellent Service And Competitive In Every Way

I have used EverBank since 2009, and never had anything than complete satisfaction. Anytime I phone them, they are very responsive, so polite and easy to work with. High interest rates (relatively) on deposits, pre-paid mail-in deposit slips, ATM fee refunds, all add up to a bank that is the polar opposite of the gouging practices of many of the major banks that I shall leave nameless. Add to that, that they are a pleasure to deal with, I highly recommend this bank.

Banker Beware!

I'm a new Everbank customer and am finding that every step of the way, there has been a problem.  They "hold" money over a certain amount for five business days minimum, even though it was withdrawn from my other bank already.  They blame it on the clearing house.  Yes, those electrons take a long time to get from my other bank to Everbank.  Some of their phone reps are pleasant, but mostly snotty with a "screw you" attitude- "that's the way we do it- you should have read the terms and conditions" as I was told.  Everbank truly does suck and I'm profoundly sorry that I ever went through the nightmarish process of opening accounts with them.  Beware- they are everything you don't want a bank to be. I will be gone soon.

Everbank's Lousy Website

I tried to open an online account, but it won't let me past the "Disclosures" screen.  All of the progress boxes are fine, but it won't go forward unless I download Adobe Reader, WHICH I ALREADY HAVE!

I decided to put my money in another bank.  After all, if Everbank can't even get the new account process right, imagine how they will do once they have your money!

Incompetent And Rude Staff

This bank is so fishy and rediculous. After I submited my application, they asked for extra documents no other bank requires. They expect you to compromise your security by mailing them your social security card!

Cooperating with them is also useless. I just never heard back from them and had to call them. Customer service is unhelpful and condescending. They said they couldn't verify my info, and they just dismissed me without explanation. I never had a problem with any other bank in the past or present. It just shows their sheer stupidity if it's true that their system couldn't verify my identity. Glad I didn't give them the large sum of $ I was going to put in their bank. I'm more than happy to take my business elsewhere. I already conviniently opened an account with another bank, without any of their nonsense.

It was a waste of time to deal with their painful system that froze a few times.

They Refused To Open My Account

I was excited to see all the positive reviews this bank got on this site.  The rates looked good, and they seemed to have all the features I wanted.  I went through the entire online application process, filled and signed all the paperwork and sent it in by fax.  And nothing happened.

I called to follow up and was told that Everbank has declined to open the account because my company has an affiliate abroad.  Duh, I run an export business.

Very disappointed, and would not recommend for international companies.  My search continues.

Love My Everbank Accounts! Great Bank That Now Has A Footprint In Florida. HOORAY

Love my EverBank Accounts! Great bank that now has a footprint in Florida. HOORAY!

Easy Online Purchase

18 months ago it was easy and simple to purchase a great rate CD. No issues whatsoever. Looking at buying another since they've got great rates again.