OneWest Bank Reviews

The Most Evil, Unethical And Barbaric Banking Operations!

I opened an account with OneWest Bank in 2010 and have been experiencing nothing positive but destructive and retaliatory conduct from the bank after I reported the unethical, barbaric and bullying conduct to the bank's management. The bank condoned the bully Franchesca Gangalang who coerced all of her staff to harass me more.

1.  The bank documents spelled my name wrong and the branch manager Moises Ortega refused to be accountable for his errors including making phony promises that he never delivered.

2.  The bank overpaid the merchant's charges thru my debit card without my authorization. When I disputed it, the bank refused to refund the overpaid amount and refused to produce any evidence of my signature to support the overpayment; the bank has stolen money from my account to pay the merchant without my consent.

3.  Then the bank maliciously closed my account for retaliation after I reported the bank's outrageous and unethical banking operations to the Comptroller of the Currency.

Today, after the bank willfully closed my account, the bank has not returned the remaining balance of my account for over 40 days. The bank's president Joseph Otting is careless. The bank has victimized me with its fraud, deceit, bad faith, unlawful and unethical banking operations. All the other victims should join hands to report OneWest Bank to the Comptroller of the Currency and to the District Attorney to prosecute such a racist and evil bank.

No Bank Statements

My peeve with this bank is I am suppose to be getting my monthly checking statement on-line.  However, OneWest bank seems to have a problem with getting them to me.  I wonder how many other people find this to be a problem?  I complained again last month and one of their people sent me an email, of which I received and in return I stated,  "I received your email, why can't I get my checking statements?"  Of course I did not receive a response.  When the bank was First Federal, I always received my statements on time.

I have a meager IRA CD of which I was paying First Federal $15.00 per year for whatever it is they do.. But, OneWest charges $30.00.  This is a rip off!

When they issued me my new ATM card with the OneWest bank logo on it, it didn't work.  I had to go back 4 times.  This was embarrassing when your card is rejected at the super market or whereever.!!!!

This bank is in deep trouble by the way they service their customers.

Don't bank with this bank!~!!!!!!!

I HATE ONE WEST BANK!!!

I HATE ONE WEST BANK!

THIS IS THE WORST BANK!! BEWARE, PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM!!! EXCUSE ME FOR BEING HUMAN AND NOT READING DISCLAIMERS THEY SEND AND AFTER YEARS OF AN ACCOUNT, SERVICE CHARGES BEING CHARGED MONTHLY THAT ALL I HAD TO DO IS CHANGE FROM MONEY MARKET SAVINGS TO REGULAR SAVINGS TO AVOID 10.00 EVERY MONTH. THE FACT THEY DONT CARE ABOUT KEEPING A CUSTOMER HAPPY AND SATISFIED AND STAYING A CUSTOMER OVER 40.00 THAT WOULD HAVE KEPT A CUSTOMER REALLY BLOWS MY MIND!!

TURNS OUT AFTER 9 YEARS HERE, THESE PAST 7 MONTHS JUST COST ME MORE WITH THEIR CRAZY FEES THAN ALL THE INTEREST I'VE EARNED. WOW, WHAT A JOKE, GUESS SOMEONE UP THERE NEEDS TO KEEP THEIRSELVES CUSHED WITH NEW TOYS, ALL ON BEHALF OF NORMAL EVERYDAY PEOPLE LIKE ME JUST TRYING TO LIVE DAY TO DAY!!

I HATE THIS BANK AND WISH I WOULD HAVE CLOSED ALL MY ACCOUNTS WITH THEM YEARS AGO WHEN PROBLEMS FIRST AROSE.

Fees, Fees, And More Fees!!

So, I ordered this prepaid debit card to have a "back-up" just in case I needed it. Directly after activating my card the little electronic voice informs me that I'm negative -$4.95. I immediately press "0" and the woman informs me that I should have read the Fees Agreement more thoroughly. I say "I just received the card. I did nothing more than activate it." "There's a $4.95 Activation Fee.", so after I hang up, I read all the fees that accompany the card, and WOW!! this is stupid. This card is laden with nonsensical fees. $5 Activation, $5 Monthly Charge, $2.50 for Non-OneWest ATM's, $5.95 for Paper Statement, 1 Free Customer Service Call per month ($2 thereafter)...and the list goes on. My advice, stay far away from this card. Any card that starts you off in the negative, before you've even used it, is strictly idiotic.

Worst Of The Worst

My husband and I both have IRA CD's at One West Bank that were opened when it was still Indy Mac Bank. There were no IRA maintenance fees or fees of any kind as I have always refused to pay fees to anyone to hold my money. We let these CD's roll over several times as we were given top interest rates. We left these CD's in Indy Mac through their failure, while they were being run by the gov't and through to the new owners of the bank. Two years ago they started charging us $35 a year maintenance charges and $10 to take a required yearly distribution. I called and spoke to one of the bank vice presidents and he agreed with me that our accounts should not be charged as they were opened well before there were any fees and they are "captive accounts", those that can't be closed or moved without penalty. He agreed to refund the fees but he also said that the fees would be automatic and that we would need to call each year and mention his name to have them refunded. Well, last year I dutifully called and they refused to refund the fees. They do not care that they broke a contract and when I protested they told me to close my accounts. Of course at that time I would have been lucky to get 2% interest and it would have cost me a lot of money. I'm sure they hate paying us the interest on our CD's and this is their way to take some of it back. Every year when we have taken our distribution they make numerous errors. It seems that they are incompetent as well as dishonest. Live and learn, but I would never again do any kind of business with this bank and I hope others can learn from my mistakes!

Spam Phone Calls

I keep getting phone calls from these idiots for an account I don't have nor have I ever had. Then these jerks bring in their hired thugs, Indymac to spam me too. Five days in a row I tell moron after moron that the person they are trying to contact has not had this COMPANY PHONE nor worked for this company for 8 months. And then they have the gall to say that I don't need to take 'that tone of voice' with them.  On the plus side I have my own personal morons to rant at.  Lemons======>lemonade!

Warning!!!

They will be the first to hand out money, and the first in line to take it all plus more back from you. Do your research people and see what your dealing with here.

Customer Service

Please stay away from this bank.They are the wrse bank imagineable. We closed on our house two weeks ago and the title company has requested a payoff numeroust times and so do we.They keep saying that they will fax info to the title company and we will be finished with the transaction.Two weeks and still waiting LIARS,LIARS and more Liars.Do not do business with this bank .Unscrupulous,Immoral,irreputible and dishonest.gAVE THEM 1 STAR BECAUSE THERE IS NO PLACE TO GIVE THEM ZERO

One West Bank - Don't Trust Them For Mortgages

O NOT WASTE YOUR TIME APPLYING FOR A REAL ESTATE LOAN FROM ONE WEST BANK - THEIR SYSTEM IS BROKEN.

The branch personnel cannot represent or work with the central underwriting department.       Don't believe anything they tell you.

They approved us, then went back on their own written statements - saying "here's a rule we never told you about, that you haven't even broken (related to timing), but you have to start all over again HA HA HA).

This bank was scandal-plagued IndyMac until some private equity guys bought it for a song in 2009.     Nothing wrong with that, I guess .... but know that it is fundamentally broken, it can't make or keep commitments, and you should not believe anything the dis-empowered local branch employees tell you.

Mortgages are basically a commodity:    DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!

NO ONE Knows What To Do!

The worst experience ever! The phone bankers are not capable of helping you over the phone! They tell you to step into the branch that closes at 5pm! When you step into the branch they all look confused, and do not know what to do! Never open an account with OneWest online! Haven't been able to use my debit card for 3 weeks! my rent and other debits were not credited! This bank is terrible!

Never Had A Problem With Key Bank

They paid every month on my 2- 5.26% CDs for 7 years.Even ACH`d interest to my other bank ,never a problem,I wishI signed up for the 10 year cd. No problem at maturity closed it all down by phone.

Key Bank. Stay Away !!

They put a seven day hold on a cashier's check from another bank when I deposited the check into my account. I had more than sufficient funds at key bank to cover the cashier's check. They still said they have to put a seven day hold on the check. After being a customer of more than fifteen years, they treated me like a common criminal. When my cd matures, I will be long gone from this bank. Even the manager threw the check on the counter and said I can take it elsewhere. Very UNprofessional!!