PNC Bank, National Association Reviews

My Bank

For some reason , every time I go to my bank it seems like they are expecting me. Is like going to your aunts house. The people are warm and friendly, and they talk to you very nicely. One time, I wanted to cash a check that could not be cashed and the cashier , as she was telling me for the second time the reason "why" came closer to me and said quietly so no one would know I was bothering her. Very nice. I've monitored my bank account online closely and I really like . The system however, is not available sometimes- I would say one out of 10- not bad. I like there and I don't care if they have regular hours, is a great bank.

Horrible treatment From The PNC Bank Lincoln Park Location In Chicago.

, the Branch Manager of the Lincoln Park location was extremely rude and hostile in dealing with my fiancee's questions regarding her bank account. There was no attempt to be friendly/ cordial with the customer (i.e. us) Zero customer service. Her attitude was impatient and nasty. I will not recommend this bank to anybody. It is baffling how PNC can stay in business with this type of employee running the branch. I could not believe how rude this woman is.

We will be closing our account and transferring the funds to another bank: definitely one that knows how to treat us like human beings. Awful experience and you can be sure all our friends will be informed about this incident.

Branch Managers should set the example of good customer service and not abuse their position of power and leadership.

PNC Is Bad For Families And Bad For Business

PNC took over a local branch of another bank and we imediately saw changes. They found "cause" to fire everyone over 40, including 2 long time employees. At first I have to admit I didn't think anything of it. They brought in cute young tellers and updated the furniture and the paint in the place. Everything looked great. But experience is what matters. A lady we knew took one of our elderly family memebers who had dementia to the bank and the young tellers didn't question anything. This woman switched all the relative's money into a safty-deposit box and then kept both keys, telling this elder that it was best for safety's sake. This woman also had the family member verbally revoke a power-of-atourney and again, the bank workers didn't question anything. When we confronted the bank about this, instead of recognizing and correcting their error, they became defensive, refered us to the legal department and closed down not just my mother's personal accounts but business accounts as well. However, without informing me they kept my account that had been joint with ours open. It took me 6 months to discover they had been making money off of my un-closed account. The bank made a difficult situation worse. PNC is marketing for the 20 and 30 somethings. Well, I'm a twenty something and they will never have my business. You treat older people in our community like that and you should expect to loose business.

WORST BANK EVER

Where to even begin...

I was with National City when PNC bought them out.  I never received an updated debit card from PNC.  I called about this and was advised one was requested and in mail to me.  After a month of not receiving it and the date looming near of my National City card not working anymore, I went into a branch to have this taken care of.  The person I spoke with had been flown in from New Jersey to help with the merger...why they chose him...not real sure.  He advised me I could call and request it...I told him he could do it, and I would stand there until it was taken care of.  He called and got it taken care of so I thought.  He assured me I could still use my National City card until the PNC card arrived.

Cut to a few days later.  I'm in line at grocery store with a cart full of groceries and my 2 year old...I go to use my card, and it's declined.  So after being embarrassed by this, I leave my cart full of groceries and walk to the PNC located in front of the grocery store with my 2 year old.  I withdrew enough money to get me through and tried to calculate how much money I needed to keep in there for bills that were going through...not an easy task at this point with a 2 year old and another useless person behind the desk helping me.  I withdrew the money and also requested an order of checks be sent to my house as I still had National City checks.

A couple months later (still no checks had arrived), my husband and I had to move money around to each other for certain bills.  I moved money to his account, and that same day I moved it back to my account when we realized the charge would come to my account.  This created an overdraft fee for the 15 minutes the money was out of my account.  Really?  When I called to dispute this, the person on the phone was very argumentative with me and kept saying that while he is able to get the overdraft charge reversed, this isn't something that they do.  I have never been spoken to so rudely in my life.

Here we are now...yet again...another issue with overdraft charges.  I check my account and see 5 overdraft charges at $38 each in my account.  The first two overdraft charges occurred while there was still money in the account.  Consequently, charges that came through after that generated more overdraft charges.  Then a $2000 check gets deposited in my account that Friday, and 2 more overdraft charges occurred after that...once more overdraft charges occurring while there is money in the account.  I call PNC once more about this and am advised that I need to take my time and make the trip into a local branch to get these charges overturned.  I go into my local branch and speak with Tom, the manager on site.  He advises me he will check into getting them reversed and that he wasn't sure why there were overdraft charges while money was still in account, unless the money wasn't there.  He admitted their statements are confusing to read.

I'm sorry, but if I see money in my account and overdraft charges in there...that's not right.  There should be no overdraft charges.  Don't give me a story about how it could be these ghost pending charges out there and not be able to show that to me on my statement...as he couldn't.  I had to leave for a flight so he informed me he'd follow up with me.  After I didn't hear back from him, I called and left him a message over the weekend.  Today is Monday, and I still hadn't heard from him so I contacted him again.  He advised me he was able to get 1 overdraft fee returned (which still hasn't shown up yet of course!) but no reason as to why only 1...when 2 charges occurred while money was still in account and when 2 more occurred after money was account.

I informed him I was leaving and going to Chase once my paycheck was deposited this Friday.  He became argumentative and advised me it would the same thing with them.  I informed him that when it was National City, my checks were available that same day they were deposited.  If we moved money around our accounts, that money was available that same day.  It's not with PNC, and I'm done with it.  I'm done with the fake overdraft charges, and I'm done with the lack of customer service.  He kept argueing basically advising me I was wrong and that I needed to read the fine print with Chase.  Time to let it go Tom.  Rather than argue with me about my leaving...help me.

PNC is losing a solid customer with direct deposit set up on their account because of the above.  My fault for staying with them as long as I did after the first few occurrences.  Ridiculous.  I have no idea how this bank is even still in business.

PNC OVERDREW MY ACCOUNT

I have had a account with PNC, Zion, IL for many years.  I always had received good service.  I moved out of the area in Oct 2010.  In November 2010, I stayed at a hotel that pre-debited my account for $20 for each night I was staying in case I used any amenties.  I was told by the hotel that this would not appear on my account and was not actually a debit.  However, PNC did consider this a debit.  I was told that because I had "overdraft protection" on my account they, PNC, set aside that amount of money. This overdrew my account. PNC started charging me overdraft fees. After my stay, the hotel did put through a credit and neither the debit or credit appear on my statement.  PNC had charged my account so many fees by then that it didn't matter - my account was overdrawn.  I spoke with customer service and the branch. I was told there was nothing anybody can do.  The branch stated this AFTER I told them I no longer lived in the area.  PNC would not even let me close the account to stop the fees from accrueing.  PNC continued to charge me until I was negative over $500!!!!  Then, they closed the account and sent it to collections!!!

PNC CHARGED ME OVER $500 IN FEES FOR A CHARGE THAT DIDN'T OCCUR!!!

Worst Bank Ever! Stay Far Away!

Would give them no stars if there were an option. I had been banking with Bank of America for several years and I decided to switch to PNC because they had a local branch and BOA did not. I have banked with several banks over my lifetime and I have never had such horrible customer service as I have had with PNC. My account was in the negative, which has happened to me before, nobody is perfect. This negative balance occurred the day before my checking account was suppose to receive my direct deposit of my payroll check. I get on the internet that morning to check my balance to make sure it was there and it was, my NSF fee had been covered by my payroll check. I decide to pay my electric bill before I leave out for work and my debit card was declined although it said on PNC that I had an available balance of over 1400.00. So I decide to go on to work, me with no cash hardly to my name and I have to stop to get gas, I work an hour away from my home. I try my debit card in the gas pump terminal and it is declined. So I go inside the gas station to use their atm to try to withdraw cash and it declines my card, I tried to write a check to the cashier and it declines my check. Luckily I had over 5.00 worth of change to put in my vehicle to continue on to work, I was running on fumes and me with over 1400.00 in the bank from my paycheck. I leave for work at 4 am in the morning so I was really worried about making it to work at that time in the morning and running out of gas on the side of the road and the temperature was like 10 degrees outside. I later called the customer service number and they told me my account had been frozen and my debit card had been closed. I asked why and they said where I had a negative balance and it was a fairly new account the branch manager of the bank usually makes that decision, so I called the branch manager. It did not do me a bit of good, she told me that I was lucky that they didn't close my account that they were actually giving me a break. Wow, I just made them some money by having NSF in my account and she said she was giving me a break by keeping my account open. I told her that it was my money and that I should have more control over it than they do and she acted like she could care less. She said that my debit card would be cancelled for 30 days if there were no NSF transactions. Well again I had another and they have put another hold on my account for an additional 30 days. Rediculous!!! I have never had this happen to me in the past before at any other bank, I don't know but I think that it would be much worse giving someone a book of checks than a debit card. I opted out of the overdraft protection as well for my account so I can't overdraft it by using my debit card. This bank could care less about how they treat their customers and it doesn't do you much good either to report them to the BBB. I don't think they will keep their doors open long if they keep treating their customers as if they own you and your money. I even told the branch manager I was switching banks and she told me to make sure that I keep enough money in there to cover any checks I had written, she could have cared less if she kept me as a customer or not. They also post your debits to your account before your deposits so beware! So please stay far away!!

PNC For IRA Rollover Has No Wire Transfer & Only Accept Original Document

My husband's IRA CD will mature soon but we haven't even received the CD maturity notice from PNC(2 days away from that maturity date)!
But the most ridiculous thing is PNC doesn't even provide the wire transfer service for IRA CD rollover!

The detailed story --

1. I have to send the secure email to ask why we haven't received the CD maturity notice from PNC yet when it was only 6 days away from the CD maturity date. PNC replied was we have to call their IRA office. We called and PNC just said it already passed their 3-weeks notification timeframe of the maturing CD notice so they won't send it.
2. We then asked PNC to rollover my husband's IRA CD to other financial institution via "wire transfer". Surprisingly, PNC told us PNC does not provide wire transfer for IRA rollover; PNC only uses "regular postal mail to send checks" with $25 charge and they only accept "original documents" (no fax, no wire transfer). IRA rollover procedure has to be done via "regular postal mail" although the receiving financial institution provides wire transfer.
3. PNC do not track the mail either so it is up to the customer to track. We called PNC IRA department and they confirmed that the time line for customer to track the mail is as follows:

1) customer sends mail to receiving bank to initiate the IRA transfer. (PNC only accepts original documents)
2) when receiving bank sends the IRA transfer form to PNC, customer needs to call PNC for 7-10 days to find out if PNC receives the IRA transfer form.
3) when PNC receives the IRA transfer form, customer needs to call PNC for the next 2-3 days to find out when PNC finishes processing and sends the check to receiving bank.
4) since PNC only use regular mail (not certified, not registered, not FedEx, not UPS) which cannot be tracked, customers needs to call the receiving bank for the next 7-10 days to see if the check is received by the receiving bank.
5) if the receiving bank does not receive the check in 7-10 days, customer needs to call PNC. It takes 2-3 days for PNC to research. So customer needs to call PNC for the next 2-3 days to find out if PNC will re-issue and re-mail the check.
6) If PNC mails the check again, repeat the steps 4 and 5.

The whole process is complicated, insecure, and time-consuming. PNC dumps the horrible burden/hassles to customers under their ridiculous IRA rollover method. We waited in the post-office for 40 minutes just by sending the initiating letter to receiving bank. Consider PNC is one of the top US banks, their service is unbearable.

PLEASE NOTE: This procedure can lead to many problems, e.g. if step 6) repeated many times, your money will just end up in PNC bank forever but without any interest.

Worst Bank And Customer Service I Have Ever Experienced

They took $1000 from my account and when I called about it they told me that it was just a hold and to call back tommorow. Then when I called back they said someone had written a checck against my account but they did not know for sure and to call back the next day. Called the next day and they said someone in another state 600 miles from me had withdrawel from my account. They eventually refunded my money but never did explain exacty what happened and never really appologized for my troubles. They just didn;t care at all and treat you like a just another number in their system

Great Bank, Treats You Like Family!

PNC Bank is a welcome relief in an industry that is increasingly treating customers like myself as just numbers or profit margins.  I was a long time customer of two "national" banks that continued to nickel and dime my accounts and then give me weak explainations about it.  I chose to try PNC after getting a mailer from my old bank offering me the opportunity to recover some unjustified fees only to have them rudely contradicted by the "national" banks manager.  After all the unneeded fees and "bait and switch" tatics at my old banks, I am so happy at PNC.  For close to two years, no hidden and tricky fees, a great branch manager, friendly attentive customer service.  PNC Bank really goes out of their way to earn your trust and business.

Good Customer Service + Free Checking

I have had a free checking account at PNC for about four years (I bank at a Washington, DC branch). I've been really pleased with the level of customer service, both at my branch and when I've contacted PNC through their website or 800 number. At my local branch, the tellers are super friendly and I don't get that "everyone is ignoring the line" feeling that you sometimes get at banks in the city. If I do have to wait (it's in a location with quite a bit of foot traffic), the manager on duty meets my eye and tells me they'll be with me shortly, and the teller always apologizes for the wait. The times I've had a problem or an inquiry that I've submitted online, I've received courteous, helpful replies. My only complaint would be that they say they will respond to e-messages within 24 hours, but several times it's been 48 hours or more. Also, they've done a courtesy waive on several overdraft fees for me -- they can't do it every time (after all, it's my fault if I'm overdrawn), but I appreciate the willingness to try to help when they can, especially since I have free checking and don't keep a very big balance, so they really aren't making any money from account. Finally, PNC's online banking has a user-friendly interface and good security (e.g., if I change my account information, I get an email and a text message alerting me). I don't keep much money in my PNC account, so they don't have a lot of financial motivation to take good care of me -- I think it's just part of the corporate culture. It's smart, though, becuase if I ever do have more money, they've earned my loyalty.

Love Love LOVE PNC!

My husband and I were long-time Bank of America customers.  No more!  After so many issues with our accounts with BoA, we made the switch to a PNC Virtual Wallet Performance Spend account.  We love it so far!  Not only that, but anyone we've spoken to in person and on the phone have been more pleasant than ANY BoA customer service rep we've dealt with in the past.

Long Time Customer - Great Service!

I have been a PNC account holder for over 10 years and have had nothing but great experience with them. Free checking, ATM transactions refunded monthly and very nice people at my local branch have made it all a very enjoyable experience. Their online banking website is very good, much better than their normal public site. Accounts are linked together nicely and their online bill payment system is great.

I have no problems recommending this bank to anyone I know.

Looking forward to many more years of happy, easy banking.

Worst Web Site And Telephone Banking Of Any Bank

First, a little about me.  I have a lot more accounts than the average person, and when I use my local PNC branches, they are as good as any bank I use.

Before the purchase of National City, most of my accounts were NCB, but I also had accounts with PNC opened online.  I now have two personal checking accounts, a savings account, two personal credit cards, one business checking account and one business credit card with PNC.  If you include the rewards programs I need four separate logins to view my information.  For comparison, I have more accounts at Chase, but I access everything on one page with one login.

Today I attempted to pay a PNC credit card from a non-PNC checking account that previously required a fifth login under credit card services, if I remembered not to click on a similar dead link.  With no notification at all, that service was eliminated sometime after my last payment.  To make a credit card payment I had to use the telephone system which gives everyone an error message the first three times they enter the last four digits of the CC account number.  They you select option 3 and enter the full account number and can use an outside checking account if you enter all the numbers quickly.  If you are a sixty-something customer like me rather than a teenager who does texting all day, you may not make it.  Customer service is aware of these problems, but if you pay by phone with a human being a $10 fee is charged.

"How Can We Frustrate You Today"

I do a lot of banking.  I've been with PNC for many years, have lived in the same location, and am what the banks refer to as a "preferred" customer.  Nevertheless I am frustrated with this bank at every turn.  Any time I need to do something different form direct deposit or ATM withdrawal, I get caught up in mass amounts of red tape that waste a lot of my time.  For example:

Depositing a check from Canada (even though it is in US funds)?, we'll send that back to you in the mail to you twice because the high school students we have as branch managers can't process a check.

Depositing a check made out to someone else and endorsed over to you?  Better bring every person involved to the bank with more proof of who they are than they can carry.

Depositing a tax return made out to you and your spouse (with both you and your spouse's endorsements)?  Go to Walmart check cashing...

I'm not joking about any of these.  I have been advised to go to Walmart by my PNC branch manager for my banking needs.  The only good thing I can say about PNC is that they are a little better than Bank of America (which twice placed improper holds on my account, freezing all assets and bouncing checks until they figured out their error).

Great Checking And ATM Deals

PNC has one of the best free checking accounts I've found. They also reimburse you for ATM fees at non-PNC ATM's at the end of every month. Their customer service is great too.

Not Looking Forward To The Inevitable

The inevitable is that I will make a banking transaction and the teller will make a mistake.  PNC does not give adequate receipts for their transactions.

PNC claims customer service but I have yet to get anything but either a blank stare or "sorry sir that's the way it is" when I ask the following simple no brainer question:

After making a withdrawal I ask "Don't I get a receipt?"

I found no place on their website for feedback and tellers and managers do not seem to know how to make a corporate suggestion.

One day a teller will make a mistake on my transaction and I will be clueless that it happened.

Answers like "you can check it online when you get home, sir" are stupid.  I am at the bank!! Can't I check it now with a decent receipt?!

Deposits do give a receipt but with no information except *****0 1****** everything blanked out "for your protection" I was told.  That's stupid.  To protect myself I want to see my transaction.  If I go anywhere else, i get a receipt with a complete listing of my transactions, but not at PNC!!

I asked for a card with my account number on it for my wallet.  The teller pulls out a business size card and hand writes my account number on it.  What?  Are you serious?

I ask at another branch.  Same thing -  So now when i go to the bank I hand them the stupid hand written card with my account number on it, tattered and dirty now after being in my pocket for several years.

Well, after asking tellers at various branches the same questions with no answers, I am convinced that the PNC company does not have any customer service to suggest any changes whatsoever.

GREAT SERVICE, GREAT ACCOUNT, #1 ONLINE BANKING SITE - VERY USER FRIENDLY!

PNC BANK IS GREAT! They have the #1 online banking site - it is very user friendly, you can transfer from account to account, your account to someone else account - if you have their number (such as a child in college) - your pnc account to another of your accounts elsewhere, etc.

Free online bill pay, you don't even have to buy postage..they will mail it for free for you.

My account came with $5000 of free identity theft insurance - plus my funds are protected.  I love the next day availability on checks deposited from other banks...this makes is so much easier than other banks that hold for 2-7 days for other banks checks.

My account is free as long as I have a direct deposit of $750.00/mo from my employer + they have what is called Virtual wallet that has 3 acccounts in one - I actually have multiple accounts for different reasons.  I  have their performance plan, free checking, virtual wallet performance plan, plus minor savings accounts...all great accounts.  I have been banking since I was 15 yrs old and have banked with National City Bank (now PNC), 5/3rd bank, Bank of America, Bank of Louisville, BB&T, 1st Independence (now Mainsource) and now PNC and PNC by far out weighs any account that I have ever had anywhere else.

I highly recommend PNC to anyone -- Business accounts also!

Don't get me wrong, everyone has bad days...but for the most part...everyone is friendly, treat you like family, call you by name when you walk in the door and if they don't know you, they will by the time you leave.

The other good thing is...that they do surveys...so if you did have a good, bad, ugly experience you can rate that visit and that person who waited on you.

I don't know how much this helps, because honestly, I don't believe anything anyone says...I have to experience it to believe it.  And have found that those that say nasty, mean things about places, people usually did something themselves that wasn't right and want to blame others.  So, my advice is to bank where you want too...I choose PNC over all those I've listed above.

PNC Is A Great Banking Institution

I love this bank. I have been a member of three different banks and PNC has been the best. I have had some problems in the past (due to a divorce) and they set me up with an account for, how can I say (problem bankers). It is called a Foundation Checking. I had to go in for a class (2 hours, I think) and then they put me in this high-risk account for 6 months. I am please to say I just hit six months and I will be transferring into a normal account. I just love them because they gave me a chance to get my life together a bit, prove to them I could get my credit up and they are always so friendly in-person, through email and I have used chat a lot and they are especially friendly through the chat service. I would recommend them to anyone.

From A Former National City Customer

I was a National City Bank customer until they went belly-up about two years ago. I suppose they didn't entirely sink in the mud but were bought out for pennies on the dollar by PNC. The building is still the same but instead of the green National City sign it's now the navy blue PNC logo.

The changes inside the bank are negligible. The same friendly people work there and the counter is the same faux woodgrain finish. There is one major difference though. It's not inside the bank. It's outside, lurking. The PNC people changed the ATM machine.

The old ATM used to suck up your card, ask what account you wanted to deal with and eventually either spit out some money or sucked your check into its hole. When it was done with all this it spit out your card immediately.

The new ATM doesn't do this. It slurps up the card, spits out some money and then....wait for it...wait for it...spits out the card after about thirty seconds. By this time, and this is the drive thru I'm talking about, I'm long gone. Money in my pocket, on my way. Drove off without the card. I've had to pay for four new cards since the PNC takeover. It's ten bucks a pop. I'm not pleased.

PNC BOZO BANK

I wanted to switch from Wells Fargo to a bank with a good reputation becuase Wells can't even deposit a check without messing up something.

So I go to PNC Bank in Wayne PA and what a bunch of clowns.

First of all they take my money and say I will be able to access it as soon as I get my ATM card and credit card which will get sent out Monday and take 5-7 days to reach you.

So I wait 10 days and nothing. I call the 800 PNC BANK number and they tell me, "It should be there, maybe the Post Office messed up." I checked the mailing address where PNC was meant to send it and everything checked out with PNC. The person on the phone even said, "Hello, Can I help you," instead of answering the phone and waiting until you initiate the conversation, otherwise hanging up. Tried this little trick at least 5 times to see if PNC Bank was at least consitently idiotic.

I wait another day or two and nothing. So I call the 800 PNC Bank number again and then they say, "Oh, we had to do an adress verification." What a pile of crap to float my money. Then they say, we sent out the ATM card and I guess the post office is taking a long time."

Wow, the PNC people are completely full of unowhat

Note: Nobody from PNC said I apologize or I am sorry for your inconvenience, but they did constantly accuse me of providing the wrong address, inferring that the post office is causing this problem, and any other excuse PNC could use without getting caught. Then they say, we can send another card out to you but it will take a minimum of 5-7 days.

So it is day 17 of waiting for PNC to let me get my money.

But they won't do ANYTHING to help me access my money until that card comes.

Then I call up the local "Personal Banker" in Wayne PA, Arron Specifcally, and get the same crap. I asked why he hadn't contacted me and he says "I tried to call you multiple times, and I sent you a note. Post Office must have lost it." So I ask Arron, so who did you call (what number), and he pulled a phone number I had while I lived in Georgia, but had nothing to do with anything PNC.

Where did they steal my 20 year old, closed, Atlanta address and phone number from???? I did not give it to them or grant them permission to get it.

So I ask, why didn't you use the phone number on my application to contact me. And how come you didn't make sure you got in contact me? I was a new customer and I guess that is a bit too much for PNC Bank.

Then I asked why PNC Bank data entry and New Accounts Review (I had to be vetted to become a member of this supposed bank), use the information I provided on my application.

AND WHY PNC BANK PULL AN ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER I HADNT USED FOR 15 YEARS TO SET UP MY ACCOUNT INSTEAD OF THE INFORMATION I PROVIDED ON MY APPLICATION THE DAY BEFORE?

MORE EXCUSES FLOWED OUT OF ARRONS MOUTH THAN I EVER THOUGHT POSSIBLE. THESE PEOPLE ARE VERY VERY POOR BANKERS. ACTUALLY PNC IS A JOKE.

I GUESS IT DOESN'T MATTER TO THE PNC (Pittsburgh Narco Crooks - because they must be on drugs) AS LONG AS YOU GIVE THEM SOME $$$$.

And how come if Arron got a phone that said it was not in service, did he not look at my application with the correct phone number and use it????

Then he says, oh, our data entry people (are you sure PNC isn't using mice for data entry?) must have keyed in the wrong information. So I ask, if they did not use the application you made me fill out, what did they use??? Befuddled, confused, and acting defensive now, he goes, "They took it off your application." Five minutes before this person said they didn't.

WELL I GUESS PNC BANK thinks that Atlata GA is the same as Phila PA, that my old phone number that starts with 770 kinda looks like 610.

They should just apply for the mental dissability now.

So I had to ask Arron at PNC, what application did this bank use to create my account. The app I filled out last week with you in this office to open this account, or the one that says PNC wants to mess things up as badly as possible so it can float my money until I sue them.

So then I find out, PNC Bank did not even bother to look at my application, they just keyed in some old address from when I lived in Atlanta, and that is where they sent my ATM card. This is despite checking with the brank morons and the 800 number morons.

But the really spooky thing is that I never had a single IOTA of business with PNC when I lived in Atlanta, and how they got my personal information from when I lived in Atlanta is something I am going to sue them to find out because I did not give it to them or grant them access to it.

So overall here is a ranking of PNC customer servcie and capabilities

Can take application - Yes if you give money
 Can take application and open account without getting confused - NO
 Can live up to their promises - ZERO or 0%
 Will they give you access to you money while they mess up - NOT A CHANCE
 Will they do ANYTHING to make up for messing up so completely - ZERO - ZILCH - but they will take more of your money
 Will PNC Bank let you use your money as promised - NO
 Will PNC Bank take as long as possible whenever possible to keep you from your money - YES
 Will PNC Bank use any excuse to cover their transgressions and try to blame you for it - YES - VERY CONSISTENTLY NO MATTER WHO
 If you call the 800 number to complain does anything happen - ZERO
 If you call the 800 number to find out why you can't use your money will give you a run-around so they can keep it longer - YES
 If you call up the PNC District office to complain will anything get done - ZERO = NO =
  These are the people pocketing all the money - are you kidding

IS PNC's main goal to take your money and keep it from you as long as possible - 100% DEFINITE

IS PNC a really messed up bank - 100% DEFINITE

DOES PNC have a clue they are really messed up - ZERO

DOES IT LOOK LIKE PNC IS CAPABLE OF IMPROVING - ARE YOU KIDDING - THESE MORONS NEED TO BE ELIMINATED

In conclusoion, here are my final thoughts about PNC Bank

PNC stands for PLease No Customers Bank (after you deposit some money)
or
PNC stands for PLEASE do NOT COME BACK after you deposit OUR money.
PNC stands for Provides No Cash
PNC stands for Punch Next Customer
PNC stands for Pure Non Competence
or
PNC stands for Probably No Cash 4U (if you look at their balance sheet)
or
PNC stands for Plush Car & Bank (account for the people who run it).

Don't let this bank fool you.

They will close their doors and keep your money if things go bad in future.

They have a D credit rating meaning good luck getting your money if their investment division messes up and needs your money like they did in 2008, and PNC has a Texas Ratio out the Window, meaning they are a big part of the group that helped craeate the 2008 financial meltdown.

We should be able to line the PNC people up and whip them evey time they tell a lie or blame somebody else for their incredible stupidity, lack of customer service, and BOZOs in the Branches.

Should be able to let the local indiginous population teach them how to really be the bums they are acting like. (What they need to learn to live on the streets after they STUPID themselves out of business).

They USED TO HAVE A GOOD REPUTATION.

Now I would trust my 4 year old dog to do a better job of banking.
Also could not trust this bank to come through in a clutch.
If they are this bad now, just think how bad they would be if there is another financial crisis.

This bank is really REALLY UNBELIEVABLY INCOMPETENT AND THE PEOPLE WORKING THERE ARE VERY STUPID.

Try this: make something happen or just complain and the PNC idiots will come up with more excuses than a two year old that ate too much suger.

Only problem is, the babies at PNC think your money is their sugar and do not have any capacity beyond what a baby has.

Jazzzzzz

Horrible Experience In MD

I had a small business account. It took them 2 weeks to add a DBA and would not do it without a notarized operating agreement. In MD an LLC is not even required to have one. I closed the account, so I thought. I got charged a service fee. I called them and told them to close it and reverse it. "We cant close the account with a pending charge." LOL. Its THEIR charge for not closing the account. What is wrong with this place?

Worst Bank Ever.

My husband and I opened a savings and checking account with PNC shortly after our wedding last year. The only reason we chose this bank was because of the supermarket locations that have more extended hours than other banks in our area. Since opening this account we have had nothing but problems. These are just a FEW of them. -The first was a small issue, they spelt both of our last names wrong (2 different ways) and my husbands middle initial was wrong as well on the debit cards they mailed. So I called after noticing, they told me they fixed it and would send new cards out. The new cards were still spelled incorrectly (our last name only has 5 letters, so I'm not sure why it was so hard for them). So we tried to go up to our local branch (Severna Park, MD). And we were again told they would send new ones. Mine was corrected, his was not? These people are so incompetent. After sending a total of 5 cards for my husband, they finally sent it with the correct spelling. The following week my husband tried to make a withdrawal through the drive-thru and gave them his ID, well apparently the name had been corrected on the debit card, but not on the account information. So because his name didn't match they wouldn't let him make a withdrawal!!!! It took over 2 months to finally get everything corrected. NEXT ISSUE -We tried to deposit a check for a little over $400 through their ATM because it was after hours. Well the next day we checked the online banking site to see if it had posted. There was NOTHING showing anything was even pending. I went up to the branch (with the ATM receipt) and was told by the rude teller they had no idea what happened to the check/deposit and to come back the next day to see if it showed up. Went back the next day, was told again to come back the next day. Went back a final time and asked to see a manager. She told me that they couldn't do anything because the ATM checks had been sent out to the processing center and that I should've come in the morning after the deposit! I WAS FURIOUS because I was there 3 days in a row, if the teller had of just went to get a manager it could've been a lot smaller of an issue. So the manager ended up sending a request to corperate to give us the funds that were recorded on the receipt. So a credit was then issued by corperate. Once it posted, I was shocked to see the amount issued was $42.89 instead of the $420.89 that was the correct amount. After hours on the phone, being transferred from one department to the next they finally set it straight. Almost 2 weeks after the initial ATM deposit was made, we finally had the correct amount... What a headache! NEXT ISSUE -We were told when we set up our Checking and Savings accounts that we could have them linked, so if the checking ever overdrafts, it would just take it out of the savings account. So we thought it was a great idea. They failed to mention they charge a $24 fee every time they do this, which is still cheaper than their $36 overdraft fee. We found this out the hard way. We made several purchases, just assuming the money would just be automatically withdrawn from the savings. We ended up with $120 in fees for using this automatic transfer. And after calling customer service we were told about this "fee" that had never been mentioned when the teller at the bank was giving her sales pitch. They removed 1 of the 4 fees. FINAL STRAW-The final issue we had before closing our account for good was because of an online purchase. The online purchase order did not go through because of some issues the retailers system was having. But a pending-pre-authorization amount was issued, but because the order didn't go through from the retailer they told me that amount would not post. Well I assumed a few days later that it would come off, so we made several other purchases. A few days later I checked the online banking site and saw we were issued 9 $36 overdraft fees which totals to $324!! Even though the preauth. credit had already disappeared from my account. I called the awful customer service line, and was hung up on 3 times before I finally got through to a representative. Well the representative hardly spoke English, and couldn't even understand the issue I was having. So he transferred me to online banking tech support, because I had mentioned that I checked my statement online. Needless to say tech support had no idea how to help me. So I was transferred yet again, to another person that I couldn't understand. After literally being brought to tears out of frustration and the loss of $324 and absolutely no help from the useless customer service line. I went straight up to the local branch and closed the accounts. I felt so good walking out of that bank knowing I would never step foot in that awful place again.

PNC Is Unethical With Too Big To Fail Attitude

I've had my accounts with PNC bank for several years and I finally got fed up with them and moved my accounts out.  When I initally opened my accounts with PNC, they had a promotion going on offering 100 bucks for new customers.  They informed me that I would get this promotion once I met all requirements like direct deposit and using online bill pay etc.  I ensured all the quidelines were met and waited for the incentive but after several months later, no incentives were credited to my account When I followed up with them they said I was not a new customer since I had a mortgage account with PNC which they assumed from National City.  If this was the case, they should've never informed me that I would get the promotion at the time I was opening the accounts.  However, what is the point of arguing with a big institute that makes and changes their own rules to suite their profit margin so I let it go.  Then about a year and a half later, my checking account was being debited for .50 cents here and .47 cents there.  After several of these little charges coming through with no clear explanation of what they are, I decided to contact them.  I was told that the checking account has a minimum check writing requirements and if I had exceeded that number, so they were charging me a fee per check.  How ridiculous is this?  So I need to pay them to spend my own money?  Why was this not explained to me when I opened the account and why all of a sudden after a year and a half later these charges are coming through when my check writing habit hasn't changed?  I am an accountant by profession so I keep a very close detail on the activities of my finances going in and out, down to the penny.  However, I have recently noticed when I balanced my checking account that one month a penny was missing.  I doubled checked all my money and they all tied out but my ending balance with the bank's ending balance was a penny off.  However, I let it slide and fixed the balance on my side.  Then several months later same thing.  Now, a penny off is no skin off my back but if PNC is doing this to all of their customers, how much money are they making in total from penny fraud???  It will be a significant addition to their net profit.  I knew it was time to move.

PNC Virtual Wallet

We started this account as a means for bill paying between myself and fiance.  We expected since we owned the account together that we would both be able to see the same information. Upon setting up the bill pay, we realized that becuaes we had seperate logins we were unable to see billers or payment information set up through the other person's login. This lead to posting a mortgage payment twice.  PNC would not cancel the payment and subsequently charged the account for insufficient funds.  Indeed because the account went negative they charged the account more than once.  When I called to complain, they were unhelpful and rude.  I proceeded to bring the account current and asked to close the account.  They indicated that there was a $25 charge as the account had only been open a few months, I said fine.  They next proceeded to tell me that the charge was per account (with the Virual Wallet you get three accounts for savings and spending) for a total of $75.

It seems to me that this is a back door tactic aimed at making me keep the account open and looking for ways to charge me additional fees.  I will never bank here again.

BE CAREFUL. I RECOMMEND TO CLOSE YOUR PNC ACCOUNT BEFORE YOU FACE PROBLEMS

This is the worst bank I've ever seen. My new account was unexpectedly closed because two checks out of six were returned as 90 days old. Most banks don't care and honor such checks, but some banks are strict. I informed PNC that I have requested the new checks already, but they didn't care and closed the account. They said that I have presented fraudulent checks, which is a lie; I have presented them checks generated by online bill pay. I immediately went to the bank that produced the checks with photocopies, given to me by PNC, and they confirmed that they are not fraudulent, but only 90 days old. I brought the written confirmation from that bank along with the business card of the employee who reviewed these checks completely. It didn't help at all; instead, I was told another story that "there was a stop-payment order on these checks". PNC then started telling me "You must to understand" (I must... the customer, can you imagine that??). So, I must to understand that PNC does't want to serve me at all. It was not a branch clerk (the branch clerk was helpful and very friendly), it was the upper management (Account Review Department).

The bottom line is this: PNC acts not only like a non-professional idiot, PNC is also a malicious liar. I am glad that I won't do business with them ever again and I highly recommend everybody not to. If you are banking there, I recommend you to think again before you get a surprise from them one day.

SHERMAN MARCHES THROUGH THE SOUTH--AGAIN IN FORM OF PNC

WE KNEW THE CHANGE WAS COMING, BUT WHAT A MESS.  AS OF MARCH 16TH, I STILL DON'T HAVE A DEBIT CARD, NOR DOES MY HUSBAND.  IT HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE; I DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW MANY CUSTOMERS THEY HAVE OFFENDED.  TREAT US LIKE CRIMINALS---NO BALL CAPS, SUNGLASSES, ETC.  WHAT NEXT?  A FULL CAVITY SEARCH. WE ARE LEAVING ASAP!!!!

Worst Bank Ever!

PNC has the worst customer service I have ever experienced!!! Rude, unfriendly, and incompetent. Do yourself a favor and choose another bank.....

Great Bank So Far!

Transferred all of my accounts from Wells Fargo who was nickle and diming us to death.  Great service, easy access and a friendly staff.  I use the Jacksonville, NC branch and can say I will stay a loyal customer if this continues.

Stay Away, PNC Will Not Work At All To Resolve Issues For You (Scripted Aswers And Zero Flexibility)

PNC was an attractive option at first, with a nice looking website and free checking/bill.  However, their online banking system is consistently experiencing issues and their ATMs (in the Indianapolis area, at least) are always down.  I live in a town with 2 PNC ATMs, and it is pretty regular occurance that at least one of the two down for maintenance.

At first, I gave them the benefit of the doubt on these issues, but soon my patience ran thin as these issues continued with no apparent effort to make them any better for me as a customer.

However, the last straw (and reason I closed my account) came when one of their ATMs ate a $150 check of mine, would not return it, and all I received was a receipt saying the transaction could not be completed. This was inconvenient, but not the end of the world.  What came next was shocking however, a series of boilerplate and scripted responses to my requests for a resolution.  Finally, I was notified that they would address my issue, via mail, IN 90 DAYS.  Furthermore, the call center attendants claimed they could not speak to me about the dispute, and that the dispute resolution department could only communicate via mail.

Really, no joke, 2013 and PNC has a department that will only communicate via snail mail.  The $150 looks like it is going through just fine, but the message has been delivered to me very clearly - I do not matter to PNC as a customer.  The deposit should clear in the next week or so, then I'm going to close my accounts and move back to my credit union.

Too bad, because my profile is one that I have a been PNC customer for 5 years, have a 740 credit score, direct deposit, a personal line of credit, and a credit card.  You would think that would be a customer they would like to keep....but apparently not.

So my next couple of weeks will be spent transferring my checking/bills to my credit union, as well as finding every bank review site that I can; to warn others to steer clear of PNC and find an institution that values you.

-A

Poor Customer Service

I called into the branch at s. rochester rd and got employee phil..he was rude on the phone to a new prospective customer.  Wouldnt devulge any info on perks for new customers, said i had to come in.  My perception as a possible customer was that he could have cared a less about getting my business.  He insisted on me coming in and would not offer any info on what they offered.  So I will happily take my business elsewhere.  Phil is costing pnc business..

VERY UPSET WITH PNC

I have a lot of money in this bank, and been with PNC for along time. I would think to keep a customer they would waive chgs in the amount of $50 to keep me as a client.  These charges were fees for using a bank card, for which i was told that there was no annual fee.  Thats how they get you, later they decide to charge a fee hoping you will not find out and when you do its too late. I work hard for my money, hoping to retuire soon.  PNC has alot bigger fish to fry, then me.  I think i have a lot of money in this bank ...but i am sure they think its pennies.  ANyway i will be taking my checking, cds, savings and investments out ...my business will be directed to a place that cares about the little people...

Thieves In Wal-Mart Ties, Or: BANKS DON't CARE-IT's NOT THEIR MONEY.

THE ONLY REASON I signed up with PNC is that they were close to my house, and offered mobile alerts. Turns out, if you get their over-draft protection (DON'T), they don't consider you over-drafted..so no alert. AND they continue to let you make purchases so you keep racking up fees. I had an item come out of my account early, which over-drafted me $41. So instead of sending an alert to my phone, you know..that I signed up for..they just let me keep using my card and charged me over $250 in fees. It took a WEEK before I learned I was overdrawn, and that was by accident at their banks' ATM-it was STILL going to let me take out money. I asked to be opted out 3 TIMES for that ****** o-d protection. When I asked why I never recieved an alert that my account was over drawn, the response:

"Well, you opted to get an alert when your balance is below $100. Technically, with over-draft protection, your account was still active."

WHAT. WHAT?!! Why even bother offering a freaking service that is supposed to PREVENT ME FROM OVER-DRAFTING if you're not even going to DO IT??!

**** *** ***

PNC Rocks - Great Technology, No Fees

I have been with PNC since I was in college.  When I started the account, I didn't know anything about them, but now 10 years later I don't think I'll ever switch banks.

My favorite thing about PNC is their technology and lack of fees.  I bank on my phone and laptop, and rarley need to visit a branch.  I can pay bills, transfer money, and other features all for free and from my phone. The "Virtual Wallet" is a great feature to manage money in a simple way.  Three accounts all tied together gives me different acount for differnt activites... spending, bill paying, and saving.  Great!

I also have a Wells Fargo account, and they nickle and dime me for every little thing I want to do.  If I want to deposit more than $5,000, they charge me a fee.  Bill pay, fee.  Low balance, fee.  Transfer, fee.  What!!?!?

I recommend PNC to everyone, and I stay away from a lot of the other banks.

Very Satisfied

I have been very happy with PNC bank. Anytime I have ever had any issue with my account, whatever it may be, and have had to call to get some help...I get the best customer care response. They are polite and eager to help me. I don't know who is responsible for training the costumer representatives but they need a raise. I have had offers to switch to other banks but there's no way at this point I would leave PNC. I never feel like I'm being ripped off with new charges or fees all the time. I've heard some bad things about other banks and just wanted to give praise where due.

I Rather Deal With Criminals The PNC Bank.

ITS A VERY LONG STORY SO........I ADVISE TO WATCH OUT! TURN AROUND AND RUN TO ANOTHER PLACE.

PNC Does Not Honor Promotions

promotional incentive to open account was never deposited to account..Beware!!

Worst Bank Ever

PNC Bank has repeatedly been the worst bank Ive ever dealt with. I tried to post this review without any stars but I am unable to.

(Downtown Pittsburgh Branch) I had opened an account with them and received a direct deposit refund of $1600 from the IRS. When it was available, I began to make purchases. The next day I was astonished to find that my balance was negative a few hundred dollars due to eleven bounce fees totaling nearly $400! Upon calling the bank they told me that the funds were deposited and available, but they had a policy that I must wait 24 hours for the money to "clear." It was ridiculous! Available means available, and since when does a direct deposit need to "clear?" I went through customer service rep after supervisor after supervisor until finally people started asking, "How did you get this number? Were management, we don't deal with these things." After 2 hours, the final verdict came from a vice-president or a person of similar status who would reduce the fees to half and refused to allow me to speak with anyone else above her! I still refuse to pay them anything and have closed the account, but they still got away with several hundred dollars of my money.

(PNC Robinson Branch) As it has been a few years since, I forget the origin of why the check was given to me, I remember only that it was a refund issued from PNC bank. It was for a mere $12. When I attempted to cash it, they told me that there would be a $10 fee to cash it. Any other time, a cashing fee for non-members is expected, but being that the check was only $12 and was being refunded to me from a mistake on PNC's part, I found it unbelievable that they would not waive the fee! My only option was to have them cash it and give me $2. What a con, you refund me $12 only to take back $10 of it as a fee!

(PNC Sheraden Branch) Most recently, I was in a terrible car accident which left me with no car and barely able to walk. I had to hobble my way onto a bus to get to a doctor's appointment and found myself with just a hundred dollar bill. I painfully walked to a corner store near the bus stop and asked if they could break it, but they refused. Luckily, or so I thought, there was a PNC bank across the street. The cashier refused to give me change because I was not a member. I was visibly injured (my face was swollen, I was in a cast and on crutches) and I explained to her that I had to catch a bus in just a few minutes and that I was on foot. The corner store was unable to break it and that this bank was the only business within 3 miles. It was impossible for me to make it anywhere else and it was very important that I get to the doctor's office because the appointment was regarding the injury to my eye and it was threatening my vision. She strongly refused and told me that she could only make change for members, and that I could set up an account. I couldn't believe it. They're a BANK! What place should you go to to make change other than a bank! I certainly didn't have time to open an account before my bus came, and I certainly didn't want to based on past experience. Even though I was barely able to walk, she directed me to a bank branch that was over 5 miles away and told me to try there, otherwise I had to leave, because she was not going to make change for me regardless of my situation. I was completely appalled.

How can PNC bank treat people like this? Member or non-member, they simply just DO NOT CARE about you. As long as they make their money, then you do not matter. I was treated terribly by the bank before this most recent incident, but that teller's staunch refusal to simply make change for a badly injured person goes beyond a disregard for people, it was completely heartless. It's disgusting what this bank thinks it can do to people.

Ashley K.

PNC Bank Has The Worst Online Banking And The Poorest Customer Support

Just few issues:
1. Complicated online banking sign up. They ask for ssn, pin and checking account number, but that doesn't work unless you have debit card activated.
2. Customer service is domestic, but absolutely useless and not trained. 3 out of 3 representatives don't know where to look for things.
3. Supervisor was rude and not co-operative.

Solebo Eviction

was shocked to learn that your bank refused to accept a petition that I signed regarding PNC Bank's eviction of Yomi Solebo and his family from their Plainfield home. I was also shocked that you arrested one of the people tha tried to help deliver this petition. I am calling to demand that your bank drop the charges against those who were arrested."

Run Around!

I have been banking with PNC for over five years and have a good track record with them. I have never had a problem with the bank until I started banking online. For years I have gotten a run around from customer service just to answer a question on the phone. In the past couple years I have been using https://www.onlinebanking.pnc.com/alservlet/OnlineBanking

for all my transactions. It's advertised as 24/7 and they have customer service to assist you. This is the third time since spring of 2013 that I have gotten a run around. Back in the spring 2013 I called there customer service representative number and ask if it was possible to change the due date for my credit card to a day after I get paid. I was told that no I could not change it, because when I signed up I pick a due date. So with this misleading information I kept my due date. In November of 2013 I had to pay my minimum payment the next morning at 6:00 because my pay check did not come until the day after the due date. So of course I'm charged a late fee. Then I had explained my situation that I am getting paid once a month and the due date is always before I get paid. I asked to see if I could have it waived because I do have a good track record with PNC. Then a man simply explains to me I could have changed my due date, anytime I want to. That was my first bad experienced of how PNC representatives mislead you with information. So on, in January my credit card bill shows in this exact format.

Balance: $900.32

Minimum Payment Due: $0.00

Payment Due Date: 01/16/2014

Note: There is only a date, not a time listed! So I make my payment online on the 16th!!!! around evening time. As soon as I make it shows up on my transactions as:

01/17/2014
ONLINE CREDIT CARD PMT 01/17

THIS IS FALSE INFORMATION THAT WAS ADDED TO MY ACCOUNT< BECAUSE I PAID IT ON THE 16th. Right after I made the payment and saw the false date that had been posted I call a customer service representative. She applied a note to my account to that she acknowledged my payment being made on the 16th. She also told me that it would be taken care of. So my payment is currently showing like this but with the wrong date paid and two days later I see a late fee applied on 16th.
So I call back today too see what happened and I was told because I made the payment after 5pm it's considered the next day. This bank advertises them selves online as 24/7 also on my online bill it said nothing of due before 5pm. I talk to a manager and they tell me I can find it in the terms of my agreement when I signed Up. Now I have been navigating this website for a while and I just requested a copy for my self. I cannot find one that say due before 5pm yet. Even if I do end up finding it, the fact they have no time listed on my actual bill is misleading. The manager I spoke with also told me there was no one else I can talk to, when I ask to speak with someone else. I called back 20 minutes later and requested to speak with another manager and she says there is always more than one manager on the floor. That's three complaints I am making against PNC Bank. Misleading and non helpful customer representatives. Misleading information online and on bills to the customer eye. And last misleading management. Need I say More.

Virtual Wallet

PNC Bank purchased RBC Bank in the Carolinas and I love the new accounts line up!  They have an account called Virtual Wallet and it is awesome!  When you go online you are able to see your account using a monthly calendar that shows you what day you spent, what days you have money going out and what days you have money coming in!  At the end of the month it gives you a graph chart on what you spent your money on so that you can create a simple budget.  The budget tool is built in to the Virtual Wallet online and very easy to set up.  There is a smart phone app that allows me to see my "free" money using a money bar that shows how much is in my account, total, how much I have alloted to go out and what my reserve amount is for overdraft.  And I love being able to "punch the pig" when I have extra dollars to save!  GREAT ACCOUNT AND VERY EASY TO USE!!!

Poor Customer Service

Attempted to cash a check for a relative since they were unable to get to the bank before closing. I was told that said relative needed to be there to cash check with their ID, even though my accounts had more than enough to cover! If my relative wishes to sign over a check to me and I am willing to sign and take responsibility for the check, what is the problem?!? If they were able to make it to any bank before closing, I would not have been attempting to cash!! So aggravated...

PNC Low Marks In Every Catagory Except Financial Stability.

Nothing but bad experiences with a loan subordination and most customer service contacts, their IT and web site are the worst I've ever experienced, and I have been an online/atm banker since the early eighties.

GET READY FOR UNEXPECTED OVERDRAFT FEES

They make sure debits come before credits. They place holds on deposits so you encounter overdraft fees and return the checks you've written. Alas! another fee. Their website information is always wrong. Awful bank.

Customer Service

I am a small business owner. I have dealt with PNC since they took over National City. PNC has been okay for the most part but my concerns are their rigidity and their inability to make any kind of decision on a local level. I recently needed payoff amounts for the mortgages at PNC. No one could even give me the name or contact phone number to get these amounts. I called several 800 numbers given to me and finally got someone in Pittsburgh who knew someone who might know about that? ridiculous!! I needed to set up wire transfer data and no one at the local branch knew how to do it? I wanted to see about re-financing my commercial mortgages with PNC and this took several rounds of 800 calls again to locate the person who is my rep in my area because they had just taken over RBC and reassigned all of their staff to bring on the RBC crew. I finally get a hold of my new rep ( I never knew the old one!) he has just come over from RBC bank so he is really clueless and proceeds to ask for 2 years of tax returns and reviews my bank statements and assures me that he will have an answer for me asap as I am already a customer. 3 weeks later, he informs me that I need the most recent P&L and an explanation of all of the charges on my credit cards to assure that they are business expenses before PNC will underwrite!! meanwhile I am waiting for an answer from him thinking the refinance is being underwritten!! he shows up today at my business with some goofy tote bag and other useless swag and 3 other bank managers to just say Hi!! Really?!! Why don't they just stay at the darn bank and learn how to underwrite loans and do wire transfers and leave us alone to just survive out here!! Jeesh! And the latest is that they are only open until 5 PM Monday through Thursday, and open till 6 on Fridays to accommodate the working public. Yeah, that is really convenient!!

New Customer

I have just opend a virtual wallet account with PNC. They recently bought out RBC banks in most of NC. So far, I'm very pleased! The branch manager (Nashville, NC) was very friendly and very helpful. He answered all of my questions and didn't give me the runaround. I'm excited to see how this turns out! When I walked in the door, I was greeted by three of the employers and just felt very welcomed! So far so good!

Bad Treatment From PNC

I have had nothing but inaccurate info from this bank. They lied about receiving my loan payment on time, but it was mailed every month early and therefore closed my account. Before that I took another amount of money on my existing loan, and was told it would be at the interest rate I already had. They gave me the money and raised the interest rate. After numerous calls and ignorant employees I got no where at all but rudeness. Right now all the loan has been paid off, and they don't have it on record. I have been calling and getting the run around. This company has had the worse business ethics, and I would never do business or recommend them to anyone.

Debits Before Credits How Ridiculous Is Tha

PNC puts debits before your deposits. When you live paycheck to paycheck this is not a good thing. I deposited some on a Friday and it took five days for this deposit to hit my account. This resulted in three NSF charges at $36.00 a piece. I will definitely be banking elsewhere. PNC is not what they claim to be. Very disappointed customer.

Bad Customer Experience

I opened up a CD account with an introductory interest rate for 11 months. When that CD matured, they wanted to automatically renew it for 6 months at a much lower rate. When I went into the bank, they wanted me to invest in an annuity for 7 years to get the same rate I had. I don't think they had my best interest in mind, only the bank's.

Loan Payoff

Try to pay off your loan at a local branch. You'll be in for a surprise when they nickel and dime you with fees and you have to send a cashiers check to Ohio. The check is only $10.00.