Regions Bank Reviews

Regions Saborenation Policies Are Not Friendly To Their Customers Who Have Essential Lines Of Credit With.

This Bank does not care about it's customers...Their saborenation policies are not friendly to their customers who have second mortgages with them.

With this economy and appraisals running lower than they were six years ago "Regions bank", who Holds our second  mortgage; will not let us refinance our First mortgage even though they remain in the same position they were in when they gave us this loan.

Refinancing our First mortgage through the"HARP" program would save us  $275. a month right now, and would have saved us more in the past when interest rates were lower.

These government programs that are meant to help the middle-class need stricter "guide lines" for these Banks, who hold it's unsuspecting customers "Hostage".

I might add; Region Banks' has had no problem accepting "Tarp" money when the government was handing it out though!....Thanks for reading this.

Bank Fees...RIDICULOUS!!

I have been with Regions for many 14 years..(Union Planters)..I am now being charged $14 A MONTH to use MY MONEY!!! I do realize that all banks are crooked now and charging these frivolous fees, but this amount is proposterous. Regions says if I keep more money in the account it can be waived, but I have had my account information stolen and the process/time to have funds reimbursed was long.  Why would I keep more money in my account so more can be stolen...not if, but when the account gets hacked again?

This fee is absolutely unnecessary to use MY MONEY...unbelievable.. I will be leaving Regions and going to a credit union. As stated, I do understand that many banks are charging a fee now, but I know of none to this degree.

Keep this in mind when choosing a bank.

VERY VERY BAD BANK!!

I will never come back to this location again.. People who work there have no idea what they doing at all! I've been charged over $200 because guy who opened my account, forgot to mark that I need a student account..When I came back to talk to the manager, she didnâ??t even said " hello" to me.. while I been talking to her she didnâ??t even listen to me, she been playing with her computer ( and it wasnâ??t my account ) and after I finished she said that it was my fault and I have no idea how to manage my money...
But after that I came home, called customer service and they resolve my problem in 5 min.
By the way her name is and I have no idea how people like her working at the banks...I would NOT recommend this REGIONS location to anyone..

100 N Wood River Ave, Wood River, IL 62095

7 Years Of Hell

Please let me warn everyone to stay away from Regions I have been with them for 7 years and I now regret every second that I have ever been with them. They will tell you the manipulate the checks to come out the biggest to the smallest no matter what order you write them in. They seem to "lose" paper work after something happens that is their fault. I work hard for my money and I am a full time college student and they will steal your money all day long. Belive me if there was a star less than 1 I would click that! I want to warn everyone to NEVER BANK WITH REGIONS!

Ncaring Management

I have been a customer of regions since union planters was bought by them.  Riple tn. branch was good up until a few months ago when they started changing the branch management regularly. the last few months have gone terribly downhill. no one knows who you are any more and management at higher levels seem to be uncaring. i am closing my account with this company and would not reccomend them to any one.

Do Not Use This Bank. They Will Give You The Run Around About Refunding Your Money When There Is A Fradulent Charge. GO ELSEWHERE! I Have An Account With Chase Bank And They Have Much Better Customer Service

On August 30, 2012, I had someone use my debit card to make an unauthorized purchase in the amount of $1,644.99. On August 31, 2012, I noticed the unauthorized purchase and immediately reported it to my bank (Regions Bank). I cancelled that card and initiated the process to file a dispute. I returned to them a dispute form and awaited a investigation into the charges. After a week, the bank declined my dispute, indicating that they did not have enough information. In the meantime, I also contacted the company from which the purchase was made. They immediately checked into the purchase and acknowledged that the charges were not made by me and issued a refund this occurred on September 13, 2012. I waited for one week (September 20, 2012), to call the bank and inquire about the refund. At that time I was told that the debit card department would have to look into it and get back to me. I waited for one week (until September 27, 2012) and when I did not hear back from them, I called them to inquire once again about the incident. I was told at that time that the bank had denied my dispute and that they would not be refunding my money. I then told them that I had called the company  (Orbitz) and the company verified that the charges were not made by me or anyone that I know and therefore they were unauthorized. At that time I was told to send them a copy of the email from Orbitz, which I did immediately. They also told me to contact Orbitz again for the refund, which I did. When I contacted Orbitz, I was told that they had already initiated the refund and that I should contact my bank. I called Regions Bank back and at that time they looked into my account and said that they did not see where Orbitz attempted to refund my money and that they could not do anything for me. They even attempted to accused me of trying to use this process to retain money for a purchase that I had made, but no longer wanted to take responsibility for. I've been a loyal customer of that bank for 18 years and I've never tried to falsify any claim and I'm very offended that they would accuse me of doing such. I followed all of the correct procedures by immediately reporting the unauthorized charge and cancelling my card, however I feel as though my bank is taking a hands-off attitude as if they don't believe my claim. From everything that I have been reading on regarding making a claim for unauthorized charges, the bank usually takes responsibility and refunds your account as long as the claim is make in a short time frame. I will also be filling a report with my local police department as a part of this process, however I am really taken aback by how I've been treated by my bank in this situation. First by giving me the run around and secondly by having them take a "we can't do anything for you" kind of attitude. I would have expected better after so many years of loyal service.

Double Dipping

reions bank double dipps on there overdraft fees and find ways to talk all of your money out of your account. i had only one tranaction pending and it was for 201 by the time they got done with ever thing they got the 201, 108 , then took 38 dollars for over drafts so stay as far away from this bank as possiable

Great For Getting Your Money From Your Account, Good Customer Service

Bewary, they are in it to get your money any way they can and they will, customer service is good for telling you they took your money and outrageous interest rates

Incompetent And Unprofessional

Unfortunately, I just started a mortgage with this bank.  The whole process was completely disorganized (this is my third of such experiences, and never before had so many issues).  Amounts listed on different copies of legal documents didn't match up - they showed no concern.  Rather than asking for a simple list of documents, requests were sporatically made over months timespan - receipt of requested documents never verified, despite my repeated inquiries.  In general, broker didn't respond to emails for weeks.  Set me up with a local checking account, as said was required, but asked for no deposit before ordering checks - caused my account to overdraft, obviously detrimental to my credit rating.  Customer service telephone service is horrible - none of the options listed was applicable and it gave no instructions for talking to representative (by the way, I by chance pressed 0 and it's sends you to a rep - only hung up on me twice).  I hopefully will have my checking account canceled by next week and can only pray that another company buys off my mortgage.  Go elsewhere for more professional service.

Regions Bank

After several years of maintaining both personal and business accounts at Regions, I have now become concerned about their condition and long term viability. Negative ROI and ROE are just the exterior signs causing alarm. Sharp personnel cutbacks, longer funds holding periods on, even, funds from other large Fed Member banks, and large fee increases combine to send up ingnificant red flags.

Greedy Money Grubbing Whores

My Father in Law passed away with a small balance in his checking account and a Regions credit card. Unlike other banks these folks are actively working to create obstacles and elongate the time required to close these out. For example, all other CC issuing banks - four in total - have closed accounts with one phone call. They confirmed the death via my FIL's obituary. Regions is demanding a death certificate and these are an additional $25. Petty and pointless. There are many other stories I could tell but I'm too disgusted with these money grubbing jerks. Long story short, stay away from this "bank."

ZERO STARS - CORRUPT BANKING PRACTICES AS TO NSF FEES

Charged approximately $800.00 NSF in business account for something that was partially bank error.  Did not expect bank to remove all fees but did expect removal of some fees. Initially, REGIONS claimed not able to remove any fees because Branch Manager out of town.  Finally, able to talk to employee who reminded me of fast food employee.  Did not think outside box, i.e. new business (not much money now but based on type of business, more later), partial bank error, good customer service, cheaper than most marketing, etc.  Employee refused to remove even one fee.  I requested talking to someone of managerial level - thought the problems would be better addressed.  UNFORTUNATELY, that was MATT (Operations) who was "too busy" to talk to me.  Employee told me MATT confirmed her decision - no fees reversed!    When the Branch Manager returned, she advised she was told she could not refund even one fee ("my hands are tied") by MATT (OPERATIONS - TYLER).  I was told by REGIONS that MATT is nice but young and inexperienced.  Well this young, inexperienced MATT sure has a lot of authority if he is able to tie the hande of the Branch Manager.  Same MATT who was too busy to address this problem with a new business owner.

Although, the Branch Manager & tellers were not able to help - they are always friendly when I go in to bank.

The 800 customer service help is a joke - impossible to get any type of quick assistance based on the numerous verifications questions asked.

I bank at USAA for my personal accounts and have for 30-years.  I have ALWAYS GIVEN USAA 5 STARS.

Never Bank Here!!!!!

I have only been with Regions Bank for a couple of months. This has been the worst couple of months ever! In just this short amount of time they have got me for 252$. I always log online to check my balance. The balance it shows has never been accurate. Nor does it show any pending status. Any other bank I have ever been with has at least had the courtsey of showing you your availabe balance. In the end I overdraft thinking I have the available funds, resulting in enormous fees. When I call customer service they just argue with you. Always saying I am wreckless with my account. I got off the phone in a complete panic and upset. I cant believe the hae the nerve to speak to a customer like this!! This was the biggest mistake ever!! I am closing my account and going to a local credit union. Doesnt even deserve negative one star!!

They Stole My Identity!

I opened an account at a branch in Franklin, TN and 4 weeks later I started recieving letters demanding payment for pay day loans.  The loan groups had my social and this bank's routing number and my bank account.  I went in to the branch to file a frau report and they wouldn't take it!  They just kept telling me it was my fault and I must have been reckless with my information.  After proving i was not reckless they tried to blame in on my sister who's living with me.  6 months later I'm still dealing with the identity theft and now have information showing the pay day loans were signed off by a banking representative AFTER I HAD TRIED TO FILE THE REPORT!  Unbelievable.

Stay away from this bank!

Great Customer Serivce

I am a homemaker who sometimes work part time and I finally decided that I needed a bank account about a year ago. I went to couple other banks before going to Regions and they required too many documentation to open up a new account. Then I called Regions and they said all I needed was my I.D. to open an account. They have always been a hassle free place to visit. And they have really great customer service.

Mobility Banking

Great Mobility Banking Application for the iPhone and iPad.

Great Bank

I have banked at many community banks and Regions has them all beat. The wide rage of banking products, advanced technology, and great customer service puts them above the rest.

BEWARE Rules Change Constantly

My sons tax refund was automatically put into my acct and the bank took out my credit line pymt ok no problem the next day I went to withdraw the rest and the teller put a hold on it as i was standing there and explained that it was my sons money so he had to sign a letter and produce id and then wait for a district mgr to approve it. So it was my money when the bank got theirs but his money when we wanted it? I was told this was a new policy because I did the same thing last year no problem since my son and i live in different cities he went to a branch in his city produced id and signed this letter and the branch mgr called my branch to let them know he got all the information he was to fax it to my branch who in turn faxes to district for approval i asked how long the hold was for and they told me they could hold it until August 2014!!!  over a year? when the teller got the paperwork she rejected it because his state id was expired and i was told if i don;t withdraw it within 30 days they will send it back OK this is NOT a bank wide policy I called 4 other branches within the state and customer service and was told it is just a guideline why was the money mine when they wanted their pymt and his when we wanted cash? no way to speak to anyone in authority or higher than customer service cannot close the acct can"t get the money can"t speak to anyone. very frustrated DO NOT BANK WITH REGIONS

One Star Is One Too Many

Banking with them for 12 years -- and enough is enough.  Most incompotent, greedy, self serving business I've ever known.  DON'T BANK WITH THEM!!!!

Great Bank Branch At Alt 19 & Alderman, Palm Harbor!

I love the branch at Alternate 19 and Alderman Road in Palm Harbor. The people that work there always greet me by name and are as helpful as possible!

Don't Get A Business Account With Regions

Regions took their credit card in-house on 9/9/12 and totally messed it up. For a business credit card you have to call a toll free number that goes to a consumer credit card customer service department and they have to transfer you to a business rep. That means you're ON HOLD TWICE waiting for a long time to get to the correct person. What sense does this make?

To transfer money from a Regions business checking account to a Regions business credit card takes 2 days when they make all these electronic transactions overnight. It should show up in your account online the next day, but it doesn't.

These are just 2 examples of their inefficiencies and poor customer service. They aren't keeping up with the ability of technology like other banks.

Disappointed

I'm very disappointed on the hold time for Customer Service. I held for 16 minutes and never even had the chance to talk with a representative. Very disappointed and will definitely be thinking about switching to another bank.

Choose Another Bank.

I recently obtained a mortgage through Regions in Bloomington, IN. I've had a couple experiences with this before, and they had by far the worst service. The whole process seemed completely disorganized. Numbers on legal documents didn't match up, broker didn't care. Didn't respond to emails for weeks. Signed me up for a bank account, as they said was required, but gave me no info about deposit requirements or asked for one - learned about it when I got an overdraft notice in the mail. While nothing was catastrophic, you cannot trust this bank to fully inform you. There are definitely better options out there.

Regions Has Been Good To Me

I hate to hear problems others have had, but I think most people are quick to complain when they have a problem, but don't take the time to write a review if they had a good experience. I bank with Regions in Auburn, AL, and haven't had any problems. The people are nice and I can always get them on the phone. They always take time to answer my questions and explain things to me. I like the online and mobile banking, and the cash back rewards in my account. I am in my 40's and started with them in high school in Mobile, AL, when it was First AL bank. Never had any problems there either, and my Dad still banks with them in Mobile.

Poor Computer System

Regions Bank has a poor computer system because it was unable to handle an address change due to the branch not being in our area. A manager could not even override the system to change the address. We had to physically go to the bank which was out-of-state to have it taken care of.

Regions In South Florida Is The Most Dishonest Bank

They want the money, not the customer.

I'm CHANGING BANKS

I have a few accounts open and of course there are fees associated with them. I'm a budget savvy kind of guy. So I call them to see if the can waive my fees since I been with them for 10 years. Of course not, but here's the minimum balances you must attain 1500 hundred and 1000 for personal. I call back to see if this include the money in your savings as well that you have tied to your account. NOPE, but you must behave a balance of 2000 thousand for business and 1500 hundred for personal. Okay, 500 may not be a lot to some, but I told you I was budget savvy. She told me sorry for the misinformation and go to my banker.

They Will Steal Your Money + Charge You A $15 Dl Fee Every Month

Avoid this bank at all cost possible. They will charge overdraft fees even when they were not your fault. They are trully careless about customers. They are there to get money from customers. I am sick of how much money they took from my account.

Greedy Fees

We were customers for over 15 years with Regions bank in Inverness, Florida, until they got very greedy and began charging fees for the ATM. Then they changed their minds and gave us back the 4.00 they charged. We went to and ATM to take out cash and hit the wrong button, and got a receipt with transactions on it, and then charged $2.00 for a mini-statement. We closed our account and transferred all out drafts to a credit union. There was nothing in the account and they returned the draft after charging us $36.00 and reactivating our account. We tried to get the $36.00 off the account, but they wouldn't hear of it. We had to pay it on a closed account with $0.00 balance.

Be careful if you do business with them, as they will get you one way or the other. MJED

Regions Banking

Myself and 6 family members have left this sorry excuse for a bank after twenty years. Nothing but incompetent crooks IMO.

Regions In South Georgia Are Great!

In South Georgia (Valdosta, GA) Regions is great, Staff very customer oriented.  I have been banking with Regions for over 8 years.  Personal Checking and a Business Checking.  Feels great when you walk in and they call you by name.  I have other accounts with banks in our area and they do not give you the royal treatment like Regions.

The Five Stars are not just for Customer Service, but also their banking practices towards account holders is much better than the other area banks I have accounts with.  They do not put a 10 day hold on deposited check funds like one of the local banks that I do business with for 23 years does!  They even put a 10 day hold on a check I deposited that was written from my Regions Account and my account balance was much greater than the check I deposited.  Regions has never held any funds from me!  A very happy customer!

Leaving Because Of RIDICULOUS Bank Fees

I have been with Regions for over 10 years since it was Union Planters. They started charging me a $10 monthly fee, and a $4 fee to use my check card. No thank you, I will be joining a credit union to do my banking. Goodbye Regions, and good riddance.

Regions Bank Incompetance And Thefts

Changing dates of deposits, bouncing checks that are covered with cash. I wish there was a lower rating than one star.

Comment On Regions Bank Service

Unlike a previous poster, I've had nothing but good experience from Regions Bank. I've used two different locations in the last three years. One in Houston, TX and one in Ruston, LA. They were both knowledgeable, courteous and proficient. During these years I have opened about 7 or 8 CDs of varying terms and have since closed some of them as they matured. In the process I've gone through several different reps.

So Far, Not A Single Problem

We use the Regions branches in the Dallas area and have had 0 problems. We've had our debit cards stolen twice - once, we still had the card but someone apparently swiped and sold the info - and all fraudulent charges were removed with no problems. We never have to wait to use the drive-up or walk-in tellers.

Not Good Anymore

Used to be a good bank, moving quickly to the bottom.