The First National Bank of Layton Reviews

Everyone In That Utah Office Should Be Fired

everything is wrong with them

withhold pay

do not pay bills

underwrting is poor

post close is poor

I Wish I Could Rate 0 Stars

I have never in my life had a more terrible experience than what I experienced obtaining a mortgage with this bank. They lied tks me repeatedly about when my loan was submitted to underwriting. My closing date was extended 9 times. I was originally supposed to close on August 9 and ended up closing on Sept 27. The worst part about the entire process is that I received no answers. Overtime I asked a question I was greeted with an "I don't know". At one point when I would suggest going with any other bank. I would go as far as to suggest taking an I O U from a homeless man before going to this bank for a loan.

Does Anyone Answer Their Phone At This "BANK"?

I started a loan with this bank almost a year ago. THAT IS RIGHT A YEAR AGO! My loan officer quit in the middle of the process, because he could not get anything to move forward with them, and he referred me to his manager. In meantime, my sister who started the process with this loan officer at his new bank closed her loan within 3 weeks. So I decided to look elsewhere. I called everyone from the manager to the President's office at FNB, to no avail to get my FHA case # moved, because they were ignoring my loan officer's requests. I finally had to make a complaint with HUD. I would not recommend this bank for a mortgage.

Mortgage Loan`

On the advice of my attorney, I can't comment on the service.

No Respect Of The Do Not Call List

I got a unsolicited call to sell me to refinance and I'm on the national and state do not call list. I spoke to 3 people before they would properly identify themselves. The "boss", Darien Anderson said they have no way of knowing who is on the national list until after they call. This is a serious red flag to their business practices.

Tickled Pink By The Service

I worked with First National Bank, and they were totally helpful. I was so stressed during the process, and they were great about letting me know where we were in the loan. I felt like they kept me informed every step of the way. I HIGHLY recommend them. They were fantastic!

Next time I buy a house, I'm going to them. :)

Bad Company To Do Business With

On or about October 7, 2011, my wife and I decided to refinance a VA mortgage on our home with a VA streamline refinance. I contacted Doug Turner with First National Bank of Layton, Idaho office. All of the paperwork was completed and set to close in November.

On or about November 21, 2011, Tami Poe, a certified loan signing agent and notary came to our home. At the time of the closing the new house deed was not as the original deed. The new deed was only in my wife name as a married woman. I immediately called Doug Turner and asked what happened. Doug stated that there was a mistake made in his office, we should go ahead and close and he would have a corrected deed prepared and First National Bank of Layton would cover the cost to have the corrected deed filed and recorded; if we did not close the loan would go back into underwriting and we would lose the interest rate.

It has been three months since our closing and we cannot get our deed corrected. I have contacted Doug Turner by e-mail and he has stated that a Rory Sanders at Fidelity National Title in Lewisville, Texas is the person to contact for the correct deed. On or about February 10, 2011, I called and e-mailed Rory with no response. I have called and talked with Julie, the office manager at Fidelity National Title, and was told that she would call me right back; she never did. On or about February 10, 2012, I have called and talked to Monica Timpson at First National Bank of Layton South Draper office and again was told that I would get a call after she has had a chance to look into it; no return call. On or about February 13, 2012, I called First National Bank of Layton South Draper office again and talked to Jonathon, I was told he was the person in charge of the mortgage department, and still have had no luck of getting the correct deed. On or about February 16, 2011, my wife again e-mailed Monica Timpson at First National Bank of Layton South Draper office and has had no response.

As of today, February 25, 2012, I have not received a corrected deed or the fees to file and record as promised by Doug Turner or anyone at First National Bank of Layton.

Bad Bank To Do Business With

On or about November 21, 2011, Tami Poe, a certified loan signing agent and notary came to our home. At the time of the closing the new house deed was not as the original deed. The new deed was only in my wife's name as a married woman. I immediately called Doug Turner and asked what happened. Doug stated that there was a mistake made in his office, we should go ahead and close and he would have a corrected deed prepared and First National Bank of Layton would cover the cost to have the corrected deed filed and recorded; if we did not close the loan would go back into underwriting and we would lose the interest rate.

It has been three months since our closing and we cannot get our deed corrected. I have contacted Doug Turner by e-mail and he has stated that a Rory Sanders at Fidelity National Title in Lewisville, Texas is the person to contact for the correct deed. On or about February 10, 2011, I called and e-mailed Rory with no response. I have called and talked with Julie, the office manager at Fidelity National Title, and was told that she would call me right back; she never did. On or about February 10, 2012, I have called and talked to Monica Timpson at First National Bank of Layton Sandy office and again was told that I would get a call after she has had a chance to look into it; no return call. On or about February 13, 2012, I called First National Bank of Layton Sandy office again and talked to Jonathon, I was told he was the person in charge of the mortgage department, and still have had no luck of getting the correct deed. On or about February 16, 2011, my wife again e-mailed Monica Timpson at First National Bank of Layton Sandy office and has had no response.

As of today, February 25, 2012, I have not received a corrected deed as promised by Doug Turned at First National Bank of Layton.

Giving a one star is overrating this bank!