US Bank (OH) Reviews

Great bank but hat the fees

I have been a customer of US Bank for 10 years now. I started by opening a student account when I started college away from home so my parents could deposit money easily for me. That experience was wonderful. Since then I have opened a US Bank visa credit card. I really like the card other than the fact that they automatically raised the credit limit quite frequently and high when I was not ready for such a high limit.

My biggest concern about the bank is their fees. $5 per month for a savings account below a certain threshold is a little unreasonable and $35 for overdrafts is very unfair.

Overall I am happy with the bank as long as I am careful with my budgeting.

Best Bank Ever

US Bank is by far, the best bank I have ever used. Some bank will try and get you, if you do not pay close enough to your account, but US Bank has been very generous and lenient with me, when I sometimes don't pay close enough attention. They have a $6.95 monthly maintenance fee, but only if you do not have money directly deposited into your account monthly. The staff is always prompt and friendly, and the ATM's are great. The only complaint I would make about US Bank is their hours, they could be open a little longer on Saturdays, a little later throughout the week, and for a couple hours on Sunday.

I LOVE US BANK

Ok first of all US bank is the only bank open on a Sunday. I work for a international consulting firm and you do not understand how useful that is! My branch also closes at 7 instead of 6 which is an hour later than most banks in my area. Second reason why US bank is the best is the customer service. I have built a relationship with that branch and they know what I want just by hearing my voice over the phone. which is awesome. US bank is the best.

Best Big Bank I've Been With

US Bank has been the best bank that I have had an account. They are more forgiving in overdraft fees, with only charging once per week unless of seeing multiple charges based on how other banks pull out the charges. They have a quick turn around in check deposits, typically seeing the money the next day where other banks take a longer time. They have been very helpful with customer service and short hold times on phone calls.

Not Just A Branch Issue: 3 Different Legs Of US Bank Stink.

I chose US Bank as a matter of convenience; they have a branch in my grocery. But, one constant problem has been that they turn over employees at this branch on a monthly basis. This has been a complaint of mine since I noticed the trend to the point of having to laugh with every new face – hello number 48, hello number 49! Most recently, right after I commented to the new teller that she was the 50th person to stand behind that counter, she had the nerve to tell me (2 minutes later) that she would be putting a hold on my $5000 deposit, “since she didn’t know me.”

Currently, I am awaiting a refund of $6100 that was mistakenly paid twice to a US Bank credit card. They told me that such a refund usually takes 7 days, but since it is US Bank to US Bank, it should be quicker. Today is day #8. Last night, their customer service agent, Nathan, confirmed that this was the 7th day and nothing has happened regarding this issue.

Past issues (major): When I went in to a US Bank Business office I asked the woman about opening a new business account. When I casually mentioned the issue of the revolving-door staff and that the latest new teller had tattoos on her hand (gang tats!), the woman got huffy and said, “Well I guess you don’t like me either, because I have tattoos, too!” Gee, lady, they aren’t on your hands looking like you got them in a prison cell – do you discriminate between the two?

On an international transfer, US Bank failed to mention that there would be an extra middle-man bank which would skim their share and alter the final destination amount.

I could go on, but this bank isn’t worth my time. I’m obviously not worth theirs. But then there’s this:

I went down to present the things written above to the US Bank manager (main branch). He is on vacation. Next in line: She took my letter that was addressed to the bank manager, and said, “he’s on vacation.”  No offer to help, just that statement of redundant fact. Duh, that’s why I’m speaking to you and not him – are we both on the same page now? I asked her to read the letter. She read, wobbled her head with a mental “yadda-yadda,” completed her reading and responded: These issues aren’t about our branch. (Actually, you personally handled the international transfer, lady!) No offer to help again, so I presses her: Can you find out where my $6,100 is? Ultimately: her records show only one payment on the credit card, and finally: the check’s in the mail. US Bank to US Bank – and the check’s in the mail (payment is being processed)!

I reminded her that I have already suffered an overdraft fee and that I would need to access my line of credit to be sure I don’t suffer another. She sympathized. Whoopee. No offer to remove the overdraft fee. She couldn’t care less. I guess that’s why she came into the office with a nasty, loose-phlegm cough. Glad she didn’t try to shake my hand, but I’ll still probably get sick on top of the stress of “where’s my friggin’ money?”

Memories of the famous “You can’t have your money” account at B of A and the surly staff at the local Albertson’s grocery.

This Bank Is Not Customer Friendly.

About 2 months ago I set up 2 Visa Buxx card accounts for my teen sons. When we got the cards we found they would not work...anywhere...even though they advertised they would work any where visa is accepted. Nope! They only worked at the US Bank ATM's and then they charged $1.50 for each balance inquiry (which brought the balance down to $18.00 on one card) The subsequent decline for the attempted $20 withdrawal cost .75 cents. So, I got the cards replaced and they still didn't work. Next I called customer service again to let them know the cards aren't working. They blamed it on the merchants. When I asked for a return of fees and to close the account they refused. The manager was awful and we got nowhere and now I'm out $$ for a product/service that never worked.

I would give this bank NO stars if I could. We were thinking of having our son open his first account here but not after this experienc and especially after reading all the complaints online about this bank and their customer service. Horrible!

Unbelievable Penalty For Early Withdrawal Of CD's - Half Of The Interest To Maturity!

Since US Bank is right in our neighborhood (in New Mexico), and I thought I would check it out and open a CD.   The rated looked a bit better than the local credit unions.  The clerk said she didn't know the early withdrawal penalty.  She said "the computer figures it out" but there was no written statement.  So I start browsing a brochure and I couldn't believe  it -- the penalty for early withdrawal of a CD with several years term is half of the interest to maturity!  If I put in $100K at 2% interest into a CD, 59 months term, and try to withdraw it tomorrow I would have to pay US Bank 50% of 5 yrs * 2% = $5K  penalty!!! Plus $25 just to screw the customer a little more.  I pointed this out to the clerk who "didn't know" the early withdrawal penalty, and she just looked bored.   I packed up and left, no account for me at US Bank!

Usbank - The Worst Experience With A Bank EVER

I have NEVER had a bad experience with a bank until now.  I have a credit score of 815, I have $441,000 in equity in my home, I have a job.  My local banks routinely sell mortgages to USbank so I went to them first to borrow $100,000 in December of 2012.  I worked with four different people - all of whom told me I had conditional approval on the loan.  On March 28 - nearly FOUR MONTHS after we started this process and paid them an application fee, they denied the loan.  I honestly think they denied it because I told them to either fund the loan or tell me they weren't because after 4 months I need to move on.  Their reason - my income this year was lower than my income last year.  No kidding, I'm in sales, my income fluctuates - but it took them 4 months to figure that out.   NOT ONE TIME did any of these USBank employees return a call when THEY SAID THEY WOULD.  I had to chase them down for every conversation we had.  Unfortunately, they have my current mortgage but I started today to rectify that situation.  Arrogant employees.

Forged Recorded Deed Of Trust

I signed a deed of trust at a US Bank branch, 3 years later I was refinancing the loan, when I got a copy of the County recorded deed I discovered it was forged. The content of 19 pages out of 23 where forged including my signatures and initials. I assumed there was a mistake and try to contact US Bank to get the original deed to proceed with the refinance but the Bank does not have it.  How did that happend and why?

If It Was Possible To Give Zero Stars....

This is THE worst bank that my husband and I have experienced. Let's start at the beginning:  Our debit cards were sent to an ex's house, not an address we had EVER given the bank. Had to call, get them to shut those cards down and order us new ones, took over a month. After we got married I called the 1-800-number and they told me all I would need to take to the bank was my new DL to get my name changed, I took off work, went in the branch and they told me they needed my new ss card, marriage license and for me to sign a new sig. card. When I recieved my ss card I took another day off work, took the card, my dl and marriage license in to a FSR, he made copies of everything and then told me my husband would need to come in and sign the sig. card- which meant my husband would have to take off work, so he did and we signed the cards. The FSR told me that he had just started there and that this was like his 2nd week, I didnt think anything of it. He said he would order my husband and I new cards (mine for the name change and his b/c his mag stripe didnt work) and that thewy should be at the house in no time. I knew that it would take more than a few days so we waited and waited. I finally got tired of waiting and since the branches were closed, I called the 1-800-number and told them the situation. The rep said my name had never been changed, new cards wern't ordered, that the first round of cards were still active and that there was not a new sig card on file. We would have to go into the branch to change everything again. Eventhough I was mad, I told her to at least order my husband a new card and I would go to a branch when I had time. She mentioned shutting down the old debit cards, so that no one would have acce3ss to our accounts (somethinbg they were supposed to do in the first place. So I told her 'let me give you the numbers of the cards we're currently using' (mind you this was a Friday night) she said 'it's okay, I can figure it out'. I thought everything was fine. My family ordered food online and I used my debit card, it kept saying my card was invalid, (the night before was pay day and I had used my card already once that day), so I tried to use my husbands and his said the same. Soooo, I called the 1-800-number and found out the stupid rep closed ALL the debit cards on the account. the new rep kept on with 'I'm sorry' 'I would be frustrated too' and my fav 'I completely understand'...at that point I let my husband have the phone, and they went round and round because they say they cant reactivate the card and that we'll just have to wait until we can go into  branch. My husband got names, id numbers and phone numbers and has an appt to speak with a manager. Needless to say as soon as possible we are closing our accounts and telling everyone we know of this awful experience. We also will contace the BBB and any other place that can deal with something like this.

Ripped Us Off

We went to U.S. Bank for a home loan.  Took us 3 hours one eveing to set everything up including two new accounts. The next day the loan officer called us to confirm our deal was on.  We said "yes" as they had promised us the cheapest closing cost of any of the banks around.  The day before the closing we reviewed the Respa to find a $1680.00 charge in addition to closing cost.  We called the loan officer and he said we had authorized a 1% point.  That was crazy.  Overnight the deal changed.  He said he would get our money back but after repeated phone calls for a month, nothing happened.  We had no recourse because we pre-signed all the documents.  We closed all of our accounts and we to a new bank.   DONT USE U.S. BANK.   Too bad you don't have a zero star for this review, one star is too much for this bank.

Worst Customer Service Ever!

I'm trying to close on a new home mortgage and am using US Bank to finance a small 2nd mortgage as part of the process.  Well, it's now been more than three weeks from my originally scheduled closing and we've been told that we still can't close!!  They are asking for the same info multiple times, asking for additional info almost every day, and clearly nothing was done in the month before the original closing date!  Absolutely amazing!

This is a terrible company with terrible processes.  PLEASE DO NOT GET A LOAN FROM THEM!  I've been through multiple closings in the past, and my builder has gone through a lot of closings recently, and neither of us has any expereince that comes close to this bad.  You will not be happy.  It is not worth it at all, I don't care how cheap their rate is!!

Awesome Bank

It's sad to read all the negative reviews.

I have had US Bank for 6 years, I LOVE this bank, they have always been there for me, never once had any fees.

I travel all over the USA and my Debit card works everywhere free of charge. Cash advance from Walmart is only $.25 fee. My job is direct deposit, online bill pay is free and easy.

My ONLY problem now is I moved to Florida and they have NO branches here...

I have gone over 2 years so far using US Bank online, I just can not find a bank in Florida as good.

Signed, Happy Banker.

Good Bank If You Don't Need A Bank

The branches are staffed with local nice people. However, they are not really bankers, all banking decisions are made in some corporate cloud. I have open my first account ever with them -checking- and have always maintained a healthy balance and never needed a loan. When they pointed out I would need to build credit history, I accepted their credit card which I always paid in full. I've held their card like that for more than four years now. However when I went to them for a small car loan, they rejected my request because of lack of credit history. How can credit history be built if your bank does not lend you money. Furthermore, by them processing the request - I've learned later - they've reduced my credit rating.

This is a very bad bank to work with if you are just starting out, no matter how responsible you are managing your money and your finances.

Worst Bank Ever

I had Loan account with them, and I was paying in time every month, with highest interest rate , and when I want to call them to ask for refinance, they treat me like a dirty pig, so I decided to do whatever I can to payoff the loan immediately and stop dealing with those losers, my balance was showing $7816.84 on last statment I got from them so I wanted to call them to ask if I can payoff online this amount, again they treat me like a pig and they told me that payoff should be $8005.69 and I have to mail them the check

I went online to check if that amount they told me is correct, and it was not, after couple of hours they changed the amount online to reflect what they told me over the phone which means they are charging me extra $188.85 just because I want to payoff my loan and stop dripping money with them

by the way my interest rate with them was 9.75% and I got now with another bank 3.2%

my advise to you never deal with this bank

Worst Service Ever!!!

Its funny how they can charge you $10 for an overdraft protection fee and then add the $33 overdraft on top of that. That isn't protection where I'm from. It has been one thing after another over the years and I'm tired of it. Anyone know of a bank that actually cares about customers? We have choices, so lets choose to give our money to another bank. A bank is just like any other business, without our money, they can't be successful.

Recent Call To "Customer Service" Leaves Me Talking-Like-A-Pirate: ARG!

USBank Office Equipment Finance Services (OEFS): TERRIBLE!   This is the "financing tool" that copier companies sell their accounts to.  USBank OEFS can't get their head out of a hole-in-the-ground!  I've been a client for decades, and they do not communicate well with the companies from whom they buy these contracts (the copier seller). OEFS is "GREEDY" in late fees, when it can take 16 days for an invoice leaving their office to reach my desk, I have to sit down the day I receive the invoice and pay it... or they claim they don't get it in time.   What is that?   Is it really my fault that their "payment processing center" is so slow.  It is probably in Pakistan!

So I recently called customer service...three months ago I provided proof of property damage insurance on this copier, but, hhhmmm, they can't find it, (this after a verbal acknowledgment back when I faxed it) so I'm contacting my commercial insurance agent again (She said: "Todd, we did this 3 months ago...oh, it's USBank, they are notorious for this.”)  So I’ll have to do the process again.  And I can just forget about the $30/monthly “Prop Damage Surcharge” I’ve been charged all these months.

Further, not one, but two “customer service” reps just got sarcastic and condescending with me: The first rep was just plain snotty, but when I pressed for a manager, she (the manager) she accused me of taking “a tone” with her and called me sarcastic (which I was not, it quickly became clear that these “customer service” ladies were neither service-oriented or customer-friendly … Saving grace: it is “Talk like a pirate day”  so:  arg!

New US Bank Overdraft Policy ... If You Don't Have The Money, We Will Take It From Your Roommate!

I received a job offer in my e-mail and was asked to take a money order to my bank and cash it.  I had no bank account, so I opened a new account at US Bank in Los Angeles on Beverly and Serrano St.  I had banked at this branch in my past but when they raised the fees for checking and savings, I had to close my accounts.

When I opened the new checking account, I was told I would have to wait to recieve any money from the $980.00 money order I deposited after it cleared the bank.  I said ok and moved on to ask them to deposit a money order from my son into my roommate's account.  All in all I made three transactions.  One was to open a checking acount, one a savings acount, both in my name with the money order I gave them from my new job.  The 3rd transaction was the deposit made to my roommate's account.

I was surprised when the clerk came back from doing these transactions with money in her hand.  She gave me $780.00 cash, deposited $200 of this $980.00 money order into my new checking account and told me she was doing me a favor.  I was surprised by this because I was initially told I would have to wait for the money order to clear the bank.

A day after I opened my accounts and deposited the $980.00 money order, I learned that my new "job" was a scam.  I went straight to the bank to let them know and to make arrangements to take care of this problem.  I was told the bank could do "nothing" until the money order cleared or not.  Fine with me, but what about the $780.00 I sent to the scammer?  I want to make this right, so I ask to make some kind of payment arrangement, which the bank refused to do.

A few days later I took my roommate to the store.  She had tried to use her ATM card to pay for some medicine and the transaction was denied.  She was stumped because she knew she had money in her account.  When she got home, she looked online at her bank account only to discover that US Bank had changed her account records, added the $980.00 money order deposit to her account and then proceeded to charge her for all the overdrafts that this so called "deposit" caused when the money order didn't clear.  The bank froze my roommate's account.

In the meantime, nothing was done to the two new accounts I opened up.  No freezing of assesets, no word about whether or not the money order cleared ... nothing from the bank.  So I called customer service to find out why this was done by the bank manager.  I told the customer service department that this was deposited into my new account and not in my roommates account.  They tried to straighten it out until they talked to the branch manager.

Customer service called the bank manager and I was connected to Mr. Gomez who is the branch manager.  I asked him why he wasn't freezing my account and charging me for the phony money order and his reply was this "The bank has to have its money and your roommate can collect it from you."

Mr. Gomez told me he took the money from my roommate's account because I didn't have it.  He made those 3 transactions into 1 transaction so he could take the money from my roommates account!  He then proceeded to tell me that he is going to take the $300.00 from my two accounts and put it in my roommates account, without my permission!  I told him he couldn't do it and he laughed at me.  He told me he could do what he wanted so the bank could get its money.

So it seems the bank's newest policy is to take it from my roommate.  She is on Social Security, is 67 years old, has to buy her food, pay her bills and buy her medicines but the bank needs the money more so they just took it.

What I don't understand is why the bank won't work with me on this issue?  Why do they have to take it from my roommate?

Once this mess is cleared up I plan to do banking at a more reliable and trustworthy bank.  Thank goodness I can now read reviews about banks online and choose one with more wisdom.

Loyalty For Life--To Usbank!!

I have currently been banking with USBank for almost 8 years now, and I have loved it, as much as you can love your bank, that is. I have a basic checking account and a credit card through USBank. When I first opened my account, I was a student, and they set up a special account for me, but have never changed it. Basically my account is set up so that if I overdraw, USBank places $200 in my account (up to $1500) and then charges a $2 fee for each $200 placed in my account. I only utilized this once, and I paid it back within a month, so I'm not sure if I would be charged anything else for this service. I also have a credit card through the bank. My rates have never increased, and for awhile, I was charging and paying off each month, and they increased my limit from around $900 all the way up to $2900 in less than a year! I participate in online banking as well, and it's very easy to use. Once I log in, all my accounts are right there, and it's easy to pay my credit card bill or even other bills! They are also very nice each and every time I go into the bank or talk to them on the phone. I love this bank. I am soon to be getting married and my fiance banks at another bank. When we were talking about switching banks, I blatently told him to do whatever he wanted, but I was never leaving USBank!

Horrible Banking Experience!!

Their smiles are FAKE, they have so many unreasonable FEES, and they remind you an LOAN SHARKS and Thieves! They find every reason to charge you overdraft fees! They hold your deposit for one day and in the meantime if you have checks coming the pay and charge you overdraft fees! I took my Business and Personal account to another local Bank :) BE AWARE OF WHO YOU WILL DEAL WITH IF YOU WANT TO HAVE YOUR BANKING WITH THEM! THEY ARE SHARKS! THIEFS! FACKE!!!!!!

Pack Of Thieves

US Bank - Can't Win With This One!

I just read on another post that US Bank CEO has recently hinted they'll do away with FREE checking, adding fees to checking accounts and possibly its debit cards.  I can speak from experience that US Bank policies are not customer friendly, using the recent down-turn in the economy as a convenient excuse to gleen a few more dollars at the expense of the accountholder.

I recently redeemed a CD from another local bank in Denver and deposited the cashiers check in my US Bank checking account.  I was not surprised the funds were not available the next day, but was appalled when the Branch Manager told me the funds would be held EIGHT BUSINESS days per bank policy.  Needless to say the policy is outrageous and does not reflect the policy of other local banks in the area.

Check around before you sign-up with this one!

Auto Lease

I am a cancer victim. All of our family funds are being diverted to my cancer treatment. Can't make the last 6 payments on an auto lease. Found a dealer that will buy out the lease. Ray in the leasing department told me that can't be done. Reason: they may be able to make more money if they repossess the car. US Bank is heartless and should be avoided by consumers at all costs!

They Nickel And Dime You To Death; Bad Customer Service

I advise all to avoid US Bank. My experience is that customer service is terrible, and that they nickel and dime you to death. For example, I recently closed out an account that I had there for years and got an email notification at home later that day about a charge of $16.76. When I was at the bank closing the account the charge wasn’t mentioned.

Here is the explanation of the charge that I got after inquiring about it via e-mail:

“Thank you for contacting US Bank and for allowing us the pleasure of assisting you.

I appreciate this opportunity to address your inquiry. Our records show you closed your account before the end of the statement cycle. Please understand that the reversal in the amount of $16.76 was a reversal of interest earned for the previous cycle due to the accounts closure.”

That’s US. Bank!

US BANK IS GREAT

I really have no idea what all you people are feaking out about. Actually, I think I might. I have worked in the banking industry for 17 years, and have worked for many different companies. And just to make things clear, I have never worked for US BANK, so this is not a bias report.  It is sad to say that the customer service I received from other companies I worked for is terrible in comparison to the service I have received from the bankers at US BANK! I have been a member for about 3 years, and I usually go to the branch inside smiths grocery store, in Sunset Utah. They are amazing. There has been some employee turn over throughout the last couple years, but the service is still great. I am blown away that they know my name EVERY TIME I go in. Even the bankers that are new to the branch, learn my name and my "habits" very fast.  As far as the person that was complaining about the banker showing up to work sick! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?! Do you even know what their schedules are like? Probably not. Banks, well at least the ones inside grocery store, do not have 30 employees that they can just call up to cover if someone is sick. I applaud them for being grown up enough to tough it out. (As long as he/she was washing their hands! :-)  Having worked in the sales/service industry my whole life, I understand that there are people thst just have to find something to complain about, and that's what it sounds like is going on here. I have had a couple frustrations with US BANK, but not enough to complain like a child. I realize that they are human, and the make mistakes. I have made plenty in my lifetime. So for those of you that obviously believe you are perfect, and that everyone should bow down to you and wait on you hand and foot, and do whatever you ask of them, then maybe US BANK is not the place for you. But on that note, I don't think you will be happy anywhere! US BANK  is amazing. They are so great that I closed my account that I had with my previous employer for 12 years and moved over to  US BANK. I refinanced my mortgage with US BANK, I opened a CD with US BANK. Sometimes I make a stop by the bank when I am grocery shopping, just to say hi to my bankers. US BANK IS THE BEST!!

No Problem So Far

It is been 2 years I am customer of US Bank Checking Account. Their Deposit through scanner is nice feature. no need to go to branch . I can deposit from anywhere. few times I called Customer Service when I had problem, it was solved without any issue and CSR were nice and polite.(I dont like rude CSRs.) I give them 5 stars.

SLOW AT EVERYTHING!

Starting with deposits, you have to wait a century to get your money available.     Then, bill pay another one, you make checks to pay your bills and they don't substract it from your bank account until the people cash their checks, meanwhile you think you have all this money when in reality you don't.    Ok, how about at least taking it out with a pending note next to it and then when is cashed sending an email that it has been or not cashed!!    I don't like their system.  It is VERY INCONVINIENT FOR customers.     I miss my Credit Union where all the above was a feature in the checking account and it was SO convenient and easy to bank with them.   Too bad I moved and can go that far to bank with them.

PW

Prejudice And Discrimination

12+ years with US Bank in Chicago and legally married in IL as a civil union couple.
I moved a few miles west to a new location and usbank refused to cash a check addressed to me and my partner, which he endoresed.  apparently they are one of the few banks that have written in their corporate policy the right to refuse to cash a check of this type.
I went to my regular US Bank and had the check deposited and withdrew $20.  The branch manager from the bad bank called my regular bank had them call me to come in, return the $20 and retrieve my check which they were now refusing.
So they can pick and choose their customers, isn't that great!  Well luckily we make $300k and can win this lawsuit easily.  Extreme prejucide and discrimination!

U.S. Bank

I have almost always had a good experience with this bank. The employees are always friendly and if I go to a branch were they are not familiar with me they will ask for my identification. Some people may find this as a hassle but for my security I find it welcoming. They do have a website which is user friendly and easy to access. My only negative experience is I have had to deal with some employees, personal bankers, that have not had adequate training. However they did go the extra mile to find the information I needed though it took some extra time. All in all I would recommend this bank to other individuals.

Not A Good Bank

I did not have a good experience with this bank. I was charged almost $200 in fees for a $2 overdraft. The representatives that I spoke with were not at all understanding and wouldn't listen to my concerns. At the branch I used, I was constantly subjected to additional review of deposits by the branch manager. Overall, I didn't feel welcome or appreciated as a customer.

Worst Bank

I came here because I hate this bank. I've had them for a long time now and have finally had it. They have litterally the worst sytem in place. I tried to set up an account to transfer money to a friend of mine who needs it by today. Should be simple, but then they asked me for this random activation code that you have to call into their office to reiceve. It gives you a phone number next to where you need to input the activation code, but the phone number goes to their general business line, so after waiting for someone to get to me, they have to transfer me and I have to wait there for someone to get to me. After getting the activation code, be sure to enter it in perfectly the first time because if you don't or if you mistake the activation code for a different number (like the cvvr code on you card) you'll be kicked from the site and will have to wait a whole 24 hours to call them back and get another stupid code because the activation code expires.

Assuming a human might have the ability to speed this process up, I called them back, had to hold, was transfered, had to hold, was transfered again, told specifically, "Oh, this is above my pay grade", transfered again, and then finally told, "We have no control of that 24 hour time period. There is nothing we can do, you have to wait."

I have to wait? It's a computer, there should be some way for someone to override the system like any normal computer so that I can get what I need without waiting 24 damn hours.

This was the final straw. I'm done with US bank. I would rather keep money under my mattress.

Great Bank

I moved most of my banking to US Bank almost 3 years ago, and have had no problems whatsoever.  The staff is generally knowledgeable and helpful.  I do think that they should waive their IRA fees for Platinum Level clients.

Changed Their Promise To Me Regarding My Government Check Deposit And The Hold Time.

US Bank ripped me off and I feel I must move my account.  The branch manager lied to me saying a federally issued payment had bounced in the past and that was the reason she placed a ten day hold on a check I've gotten and cashed in one day for the last five years.  She also lied when she said that the amount of the check was the reason.  This check was for under ten thousand dollars and I've cashed many others for greater than thirty thousand with a one day hold before this without a problem!

I'm changing accounts and would advise others that this banks main goal is to take your money.

Zero Stars! Plugs The Rug Under You!

I signed up for a free checking account and after 3-4 months, right when I was moving to Texas, I signed up for paperless statements.  At the same time, US Bank starts charging me a maintance feed.  There was no US Bank in Teaxas, so I didn't have much activity on the account.  Half a year later, I saw charged up my free checking account in fees.

I did tell them that I moved to Texas and gave them an address change.  They said, they mailed me information regarding the status change of my account.

Nice move!

I felt cheated, sure it was just 6.95 x 6-10 months or whatever but the money was not the issue.  I never thought fees really mattered before but now I see where people are coming from.

Try another bank, any bank, let 'em cheat you once shame on them, let 'em cheat you twice shame on you.

Horrible Customer Service...

I have banked with US Bank for years now and their customer service just keeps getting worse.  I was travelling over the past week in Memphis and Nashville and the first hotel we stayed at preauthorized $50 on my debit card which was fine.  We left Memphis and went to stay in Nashville the remainder of our vacation.  There we stayed at another hotel which tried to preauthorize my card and said that they were unable to get it processed so I provided them with my credit card.  Later I see on my onine account info that they preauthorized my card anyways for $100.  Meanwhile 3 days after leaving the Hampton the $50 they preauthorized was still on the account and the other $100 from the new hotel made my available balance go negative, although I didnt incur any charges at either hotel.  I called US Bank who stated there was nothing they could do about the charges, although they hit me with $73 in NSF fees even though after the preauths were finally removed 3 days later my account should have never been negative.  Despite doing the right thing to a loyal customer who has never had a negative balance, they stated it was all in the fine print and they were not going to remove the fees.  I AM LOOKING FOR A NEW BANK.

MONEY MISSING FROM PERSONAL CHECKING ACCOUNT

17 AUG, 2011

I HOPE THE US BANK MANAGEMENT (US BANK HQ) TAKES NOTE OF THE PROBLEM I AM DESCRIBING BELOW AND TAKES ACTION.

YESTERDAY, A FRIEND DEPOSITED CASH INTO MY PERSONAL CHECKING ACCOUNT AT A US BANK IN TEMECULA, CALIFORNIA. SHE DID EVERYTHING CORRECTLY. CORRECT ACCOUNT NUMBER, CORRECT NAME, ETC. WHEN I CHECKED THE ACCOUNT ONLINE YESTERDAY, IT SHOWED THE DEPOSIT, THE MONEY WAS THERE YESTERDAY. TODAY AFTERNOON I NEEDED TO MAKE SOME PAYMENTS, AND CHECKED MY ACCOUNT, BUT THE DEPOSITED MONEY WAS MISSING.

I CALLED MY BRANCH AND REPORTED THE MATTER TO THE BRANCH MANAGER, AND TOLD HER I NEEDED THE MONEY URGENTLY. SHE SAID SHE WOULD CHECK WHAT HAPPENED AND CALL ME BACK. BUT WHEN I CALLED BACK AFTER 15 MINUTES, I WAS TOLD THE MANAGER WENT FOR LUNCH. TALK ABOUT CUSTOMER CARE ! THE CUSTOMER IS WAITING BY THE PHONE TO HEAR ABOUT THE MISSING MONEY, AND THE MANAGER GOES FOR LUNCH ! ANYWAY, I SPOKE TO THE THE DEPUTY MANAGER, AND SHE SAID THE MONEY WAS BACK IN MY ACCOUNT. SO WHAT HAPPENED TO MY MONEY OVERNIGHT ?

THE MANAGER CAME BACK AND APOLOGIZED, AND SAID THE MONEY WAS MISSING DUE TO SOME PROCESSING ERROR. TALK ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE! I ASKED THE MANAGER THAT THE BANK SHOULD APOLOGIZE TO ME IN WRITING FOR ALL THE EMBARRASSMENT THEY CAUSED ME, BUT SHE WAS VERY RELUCTANT TO DO THAT.

ANYWAY, US BANK HAS LOST ITS 5 STAR RATING FROM ME. NOW I CAN ONLY GIVE IT ONE STAR.

DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER. TUSTIN, CLAIFORNIA

WHAT Is The Policy US Bank?

Do you put $200 in an account and only charge $2 or do you charge $200 and keep bilking the customer? Just looking for the truth, Yo.

US Bank Is Only OK!

I have used US Bank for almost 10 years. Their online services are great. As you can read from the rest of the reviews, US Bank is not customer friendly. I put in a check for over 1000 dollars and couldn't even get $50 back for 24 hours. They are very secure though. They do work hard on over charging you for everything. I am actually thinking about changing banks.

Checking/Credit Card Interest Nightmares

I recently decided to switch my bankng over to us bank as they are very convieniently located for me... HUGE MISTAKE!!! I opened my new checking account which called for me to also getting a credit card. My banker explained how the card I chose is 0% interest for the 1st 12 months etc.. I got my 2nd bill yesterday, and was charged 14.95 for interest (no charge on 1st)??? I went to my branch mgr. today, she too was baffled as the bill SAYS interest free, and called the main office, that was a brick wall, she sugessted I call the 800# maybe I would have better luck.. ..Hah, I got a repersentative who in a condicending voice basically told me to screw myself (not in those words, she was very "nice") and she graciously offered to close my account. Tomorrow I am going a little out of my way to california bank and trust and re-opening my checking account with them, a bank that cares about their customers. Mean while us bank will be collecting interest from me for the next few month:(

Operates Without Legal Authority

US Bank says that when you open an account with them that you authorize them to impose the levy laws of any state within which they have branches. While they say this is standard bank operating procedures they do this without statutory authority. There is no federal law or regulation allowing them to impose the laws of one state in another state but banks have been doing so forever. They allow other states to seize funds in your accounts without any law allowing them to do so. They will and have attached social security funds which is illegal under federal law. You must prove that the funds are social security funds. They did this to me over a contested debt which has been going on for 19 years with the state of California for taxes I do not believe I owe but they distributed funds from my account because California placed a levy, under California law, in the state of Missouri (not authorized under Missouri law). Enforcing California law in Missouri without any legal authority to do so and distributing social security funds which are protected under federal law from levy.

Should Be Zero Stars

I find it interesting that almost all the reviews are 1 star except for the peppering of 5 stars. Most likely US Bank PR people trying to make their bank look better then it is. We have a boat loan through them and they are beyond horrible!!!! Hardly ever post a payment correctly. Forget trying to pay down principal...they refuse to do it. They call the house if the payment has not been received on the due date. Never mind we have FICO scores over 800 are in our 50s and never paid one creditor late EVER! They could care less if there is a grace period. Callers/collectors are beyond rude and condescending. We have never been treated like this....ever! Steer clear of this place. A loan shark would have been more pleasant to deal with.

International Wire

I stayed a few months in USA and I opened an account at US Bank. Well, now I am back in Switzerland, and they told me it is just impossible to wire my money to Switzerland. They told me to use debit card to withdraw 6000 bucks. It would cost me around 500 bucks to withdraw it here using this way.

Worst bank I've experienced.

Good Experience

Intending to move $1000 from one US Bank checking account to another using their web banking interface, I accidentally moved $1000 from a credit card, as a cash advance. I noticed this the following day, as well as a $30 fee for the cash advance. I went into my branch to explain the mistake. They remedied the mistaken transfer, but said to call the number on the back of the credit card to see about having the fee forgiven. I called, explained what I had done, and before I could even ask about having the fee waived the agent on the phone said she was waiving the fee.

I'm as astonished as anyone by this - I haven't felt I had truly customer friendly service from any financial institution in a very long time. But, in this instance at least, US Bank was great.

I've been a customer of theirs for decades. I wouldn't have said I was loyal to them, though, until today.

Equity Loan

When we signed on with with US Bank, they gave me a Brochure stating "No Fees" on equity loans, but after 1 yr.

A fee of $90 on a balance of $2000 was charged (on my statement, the word 'fee' is used). When I complained, no response, no change in billing: even when I showed them them their own brochure.

The Worst Bank Ever

Never do business with this bank. Total liars. No ethics. I had a checking account with this bank. I never opted in for over draft protection. But automatically they enrolled me in that without my knowledge, and charged me $20 dollars over draft fee for two small transactions of costing $3.75. When I called the Customer service they refunded the $20 over draft fee but charged again $50 for keeping negative balance of $3.75. I did NOT opt in for o/d protection why this two small transactions went took place for $3.75. I would have been happy if the card was declined at the time when I was using. it was banks fault and they took $50 from my deposit. at this point I was mad and not using their debit card nor did any deposit. Just left $4 + in the account. At the end of my billing cycle they took service charge, which made my account in negative of $2.95 . Well after two weeks they closed my account saying no activity they are cheaters.

Well Pleased With Local Kentucky Branch

I called my local branch to check on my mortgage monthly payment amount. The bank manager answered the phone personally. She reviewed my mortgage and equal line payments, and advised me that she could refinance these two into a new mortgage at a lower interest rate, with no closing fees of any kind, with the same payoff date (5 years). It saved me $136 a month. It is fixed rate with simple interest (can be paid off early for extra savings if I want) plus the mortgage is "in house" and won't be sold off. We closed it in under 3 weeks. Totally painless process and totally free. Suffice it to say, I was extremely pleased.

For US Bank - One Star Is One Too Many - Here Is What US Bank Is Doing To Me.

I had placed $60K into a 19 month CD with US Bank 20 months ago.

Yesterday, I went to withdraw my funds because the CD had reached maturity. It was now worth $61K.

US Bank told me that there would be a fee of $25 and a penalty of $1,830 for me to withdraw my funds.

To say that I was shocked is an understatement....

US Bank claims that my original CD had matured and that I was provided notice that I had 10 days after the maturity date to withdraw my funds without penalty. Since I had failed to withdraw my funds, US Bank redeposited my funds for me into another 19 month CD.

1) I never received a notice.

2) Such a huge penalty fee (3% of the total amount) is unwarranted and way out of line.

2) Even though US Bank currently offers 19 month CDs at .85%, they choose instead to deposit my funds and lock them into a very long term CD which pays .25%.

Mortgage Loan Application Process

Just quit dealing with US Bank today. I have never experienced a worse experience with any bank ever. Not even when BofA mistakenly paid someone else's car payment with my deposit.

Nothing but lies emit from their mouths. They lock you in for a really low rate that is only good for 45 days then proceed to stall the process for the 45 day period, and then tell you the low rate is no longer available and the new rate is 1% higher. This after they have collected the processing fee and appraisal fee of more than $450 dollars.

They were requiring signed and notarized documents, that after consulting with a Lawyer were not legally required for a loan application. US Bank said well no the documents weren't legally required, but they required them for their own records. In other words, they keep requiring new documents every week until the 45 days are up and they can change the rates.

After a month and a half we still were never told a closing date, so I went to another lender. US Banks closing fees estimate was approximately $4,600.00. The new lenders fees are less than $1,000.00. The new lender is a Savings and Loan that I found here on DEPOSITACCOUNTS.COM that has a 5 star rating in everything. And after talking with them they deserve it. It was a great pleasurable experience after working with US Bank, who deserves a -5 star rating.

The closing date with the Savings and Loan (Home Federal Savings and Loan of Kenton, Ohio) is less than 30 days from the date of application. And the interest rate is 1/2 % lower than what US Bank offered.

Do your homework people, good banking institutions are out there, you might have to dig to find them but they're there. US Bank is NOT one of them. I have come to find out that more than half the paperwork US Bank ask for is not necessary other than to use as a delay tactic to stall the process and be able to charge a higher interest rate.

LOUSY SERVICE

Bankers aren't friendly, and do not help people with their complaints. They charge many overdrafts fee when it is not necessary, and it can be solved easily, but they don't care if customers are first time customers.

Customer Service Not Reliable

Online access was blocked (by US Bank) while we were travelling in Turkey.

I realize this is not a situation everyone will face, but it is important to know that you cannot trust what the customer service representative tells you.

I called ahead of time, was told it would be no problem

It took me five international phone calls to find out that, yes, access is blocked by US Bank and, no, there is nothing they could do to help me.

Add that on to the fee increases for just about everything over the past year, and we're in the market for a new bank.

U.S. Bank Sells Personal Information To KNOWN Telemarketing Scammers!!!

U.S.Bank WARNING!!!
It has been confirmed by multiple and various sources that U.S.BANK is working with KNOWN criminal telemarketing scam operations! Over the last 6 months they have been selling HUNDREDS (if not THOUSANDS) of names and phone numbers (as well as personal banking information) to "companies" that have engaged in fraud, scams, and identity theft! In addition: these "companies" flagrantly violate nearly EVERY FCC law against telemarketing (including calling after acceptable hours, selling the numbers to other companies, AND ignoring the national DO NOT CALL registry)! U.S.Bank is WELL AWARE of these matters, yet continues to aid these criminals! MORE OVER: U.S.Bank will do this REGARDLESS of your "privacy settings" or lack of permission! And when asked to refrain from these activities, have (on many occasions) reacted only with rudeness and contempt. I highly recommend NOT opening an account with a bank that conducts itself in such a way. Or better yet, you should close your account for financial protection! U.S.BANK should NOT be "rewarded" for this kind of conduct!!!

Customer Service

After US Bank took over the fuel card service that I use, I've had nothing but issues. They got the address incorrect. They transferred the wrong account. They have constantly hassled me on balances though we've never been over or made a late payment. I've spent my last 15 minutes on hold.

They Don't Care About Anything But Your Money

I am still currently a member of US Bank, but am trying to switch. The problem is, that I am a student and I have to find a bank in this tiny town that is also found in my home town, not that easy. I was receiving loan refund money from my school and last year, I got back $4,000 each semester, but when summer hit, and I ran out of money, my bank account went from being in the thousands to barely 100. This is when all of my problems hit. I opened the account back in 2008 for my college reasons. I set it up where it would not allow me to overdraft. Meaning, if I did not have the money in my account, it would not let me use the card. The first time it let me overdraft to $100 until my card was shut off and I was expected to pay this and the daily overdraft fee even though I was never informed I had over-drafted since I wasn't supposed to be able to. I set the account back to not being able to overdraft. I did this 3 times and I have finally marked my account in my checkbook as being approx. $30-50 less than what I actually have so I do not overdraft again. Each time, they would not refund any of the fees or anything. I had excellent customer service until my account balance plummeted. After that, the bank has been stealing money, usually around $40 a month (noticed it around July before I started marking my checkbook wrong), they would use excuses for my overdrafts such as I over-drafted due to using my card at a gas pump, which by the way I hadn't gotten gas in over a week and I always go inside, and they charge me $15 a month for not having more than $1000 in my account when I am supposed to have student checking, and I have attempted to switch my account twice. I am very angry, sounds like I am ranting, and feel like a helpless human being. I want to just keep all of my cash in a coffee can hidden in my yard or something. That seems safer than using this bank.

I Hate This Bank!

They just keep screwing me over, and its not right, and they do not care about customers at all or trying to help or work with you, all they care about is taking your money.

IRA Fees Tripling At US Bank!

US Bank is TRIPLING the "fee" they charge for my IRA. Nothing I can do; can't withdraw it without penalty. Wells Fargo and Golden One charge no fee at all.

Computer Owned

I did business with US Bank for over 20 years. One day in February of 2008, my account was severely hacked with phony checks. I lost over $1100 in one swift check scam. After discovering this attack on my account, I was told to fill out a number of reports, have them notarized, report to the local police and then maybe I could get my money back. I did get some money back but not all. After 20 years with this bank, I decided that was enough and switched to a smaller local bank. The Computer Operated US Bank did not even bid me a fine farewell. Oh well, that's the nature of the banking business. Now when I call my bank, I actually speak to a real person. No buttons to push. They simply answer " Hello, this is banks name, may I help you?" Wonderful.

A Bank That Threatens It's Customers?

US BANK solicited my business years ago so I opened an interest paying checking account with them. As long as I kept at least $2000 dollars in the account they paid interest on the balance with no fees. When they changed their policy of paying interest on accounts with a balance above $2000 I reduced the amount I kept in the account but kept it open in anticipation of a return to a policy of paying interest in the future. US Bank recently mailed a notice that they would start charging fees. I went to US Bank to close my account because of their pending fee increase. After cashing my check for the account balance the teller told me that the account would not be closed and they would still charge fees against a zero balance effectively creating a negative balance. She also told me that if I didn't pay those fees that it would create a negative event on my credit report. I complained to one of the bank's officers who assured me in writing that the account would be closed and I would not be charged a fee. We'll see.

The Worst Customer Care!

This bank DOESN'T have any customer care!

The worst bank relationship I've ever had! They don't care about their customers.

If you want to solve any problems you have with them no one will help you with that.

VERY BAD

U S Bank Refinance

We just completed a refinance of our home with US Bank. We found the people at US bank to be very helpful and very knowledgeable. We were treated with respect, and the entire process was handled very well and we could not be more pleased. The entire process was completed in two weeks, and we had no glitches at all.

Basic Brick-And-Mortar Bank

This is your standard brick-and-mortar bank. Their interest rates aren't amazing, but getting packaged services give a great deal. Sales persons are helpful and usually available to offer advice, answer questions, and work with customers. I've never had a complaint about their services.

Open New Account

I opened an account with US bank in Tennessee. They provided great service and were nice people. Everyone in the bank was happy and friendly.