- It can take patience and persistence to receive the bonuses. The bonuses that I've received only came after reminding them using their online message system. Other have had to make many calls to a CSR. Not everyone is successful.
- Many have reported that Bank of America does a hard credit inquiry on your first checking account. No additional ones are done for subsequent accounts (refer to this FW thread for more info on this issue.
- You have to be careful with fees. One of the lowest fee accounts is the MyAccess Checking account. It has a $5.95 monthly fee which can be avoided with direct deposit. Many have reported using ACH transfers from an online bank account instead of direct deposit (see FW thread). Most of the other BofA accounts typically have high minimum balances to avoid monthly fees. Update 3/29/07: MyAccess may now always be free for those who sign up online see this BoA MyAccess page
Keep the above issues in mind if you sign up for these promotions. Also note, these promotions are often extended past the original expiration date. So be sure to check any expired promo pages. If you've had success or failure with any of these bonuses or if you find new ones, please leave a comment.
My latest Bank of America Posts are available at this page.
- $100 Checking Account Bonus for CC customers - expires ? - Reference: my post
- $75 Bonus for Checking Account - expires 5/31/07 - References: my post
- $50 Bonus for Checking Account - expires 12/31/07 - References: my post
- Keep the Change Program - ongoing promo - References: my post, FW thread
- $15 for scheduled transfer enrollment - expires ? - References: iBankDesign thread, FW thread
- Completely free checking - Now available to all (use to be just Texas and Georgia)
- Online High Yield CD - around 4.95% 10-month CD as of 2/16/07 - Reference: my post
- High Yield Money Market Accounts at Bank of America - Reference: my post
- Commission-free trades - Reference: my post
- $100 Bonus for Checking Account - expires 12/31/06 - References: my post, FW thread
- $100 Bonus for Checking Account (MBNA customers) - expires 12/31/06, References: my post
- $50 Bonus for Savings Account - expires 12/31/06 - References: my post, FW thread
- $125 Bonus for Checking and Savings Account - expires 12/31/06 - References: my post, FW thread
- $15 online bill payment - expires 9/30/06 - References: FW thread
- $15 for online banking enrollment - expires 9/01/06 - References: my post
[Edit 3/29/07: New $100 bonus. Update free info on MyAccess.]
[Edit 3/25/07: $75 bonus expiration date has been extended.]
[Edit 2/16/07: Added some new bonuses and other BofA deals]