- $50 for opening the checking account
- $50 for keeping checking account opened for 12 months
- $25 for using debit card 10 times within 90 days of account opening
- $25 for signing up for E-statements
- $30 when debit card is first used once within 90 days of account opening. This is intended to cover your use of non-WesBanco ATMs.
WesBanco also includes $31 in the bonus, but this is only a waiver of your first overdraft fee. The overdraft has to occur before 90 days of account opening to receive this waiver. So I'm not counting this as part of the bonus. One last bonus is a free T-shirt which they value at $11.
The home page makes it appear that a new student checking account is required, but I don't see this in the promotion page. They do offer a free checking account which requires a minimum opening deposit of $50. It has no minimum balance requirements or monthly fees. Online Bill Pay is free.
I posted on a similar deal from WesBanco last May. A commenter had mentioned in that post that it does require a branch visit. Also, they don't provide any starter checks.
Branches are located in Ohio, West Virginia and Pennsylvania. The bank is FDIC insured (Certificate # 803).
Thanks to thre reader who mentioned this special in the finding deals post.