Update 9/23/10: The top yield has fallen to 3.55% APY.
Williamstown Bank is offering a reward checking account that pays 3.55% APY on balances up to $35,000 (1.01% for above) and refunds ATM fees (up to $20 per cycle) if the following requirements are met:
- 10 debit card transactions
- One Direct Deposit or ACH auto debit
- Enroll and receive electronic statements
If these are not met, the rate falls to 0.25%. There are no minimum balance requirements.
Update 7/11/09: As of today, this account is available to residents of Ohio and West Virginia, and it can be opened online at CheckingFinder.com. If you do a search at CheckingFinder with an OH or WV zip code, this account should show up.
Branches are located in the West Virginia cities of Williamstown and Parkersburg. The bank has been FDIC insured since 1934 (Certificate # 14744).
Credit for this find goes to FW member Surlent who posted it at this FW thread.
Other High Yield Reward Checking Accounts
For other reward checking accounts and for more information on these accounts, please refer to the following posts:
- reward checking overview
- reward checking accounts available nationwide
- reward checking accounts around the nation
Edit: Added branch visit requirement from input of reader.
- 09/22/10: 3.55% APY up to $35K; 1.01% over
- 10/01/09: 3.91% APY up to $50K; 1.26% over
- 04/16/08: 4.26% APY up to $50K
- 02/29/08: 5.76% APY up to $50K; 2.01% over; 0.25% base rate