- Open a new MyAccess Checking account online with offer code CH75TAD
- Fund your new account with $25 within 30 days
- Receive your $75 within 90 days of account opening
- Online-only offer for Bank of America credit card customers only
- Make sure Offer Code CH75TAD appears in the application
And here is some of the important small print:
- MyAccess Checking has no monthly maintenance fee when opened online
- offer does not apply to current checking customers
- offer expires on 11/30/2008
Many have reported that Bank of America does a hard credit inquiry on your first checking account. No additional ones are done for subsequent accounts.
Here are some of the readers' experiences and suggestions with this promotion from last year's comments:
- You should monitor your statements to see if a fee is charged. Save the promo page and other paperwork and be prepared to dispute.
- By and large, branch personnel are clueless as to what's being offered on the web. Your best bet is to follow the online instructions, and open the account online.
- I opened an account online using this $100 promo code in mid-April. I deposited $40 at the end of April into the account. In mid-May, I got the $100 credit. I have not been charged a fee for the account, even though a disclosure about MyAccess they included in the mail when I opened the account suggested there would be a fee without direct deposit or bill pay
- 2 months after opening the account with the promo code, they started charging the $5.95 fee for My Access. I called and talked to customer service and they waived the fee and noted on my account that there should be a fee waiver. The person told me that the waiver would last 1 year and then I would need to call in again to reactivate the waiver for another year.
Bank of America also has a $50 checking account bonus that's available for non-credit card customers (see post).
Bank of America's Keep The Change Program
If you do sign up for this checking, you may also want to enroll in Bank of America's Keep the Change program. If you can use the debit enough in the first 3 months, you should be able to make $250 from this program. You do have to wait a year to receive this bonus. Let me know in the comments if you've had success with this.
A savings account is required for this KTC program. As is typical, most of their savings accounts pay practically no interest. You can get a little higher interest on their MyExpressions Money Market Savings Accounts. Last year this money market account was paying well over 5%. Now it's paying only around 2.40% APY (see post).
Bank of America Credit Card Bonus
Bank of America often has $50 bonuses for its credit cards. Every now and then you can get a bit more. Here's one in which you can earn $80. It's for the MLB Extra Bases MasterCard Credit Card, and it's being shown on BoA's credit cards page. You can get 10,000 bonus points after your first qualifying purchase using the credit card. As you can see on this rewards page, 10,000 bonus points can be redeemed for $80 cash in addition to Mets merchandise. The small print for the bonus is contained in the Terms and Conditions. Here are the important details:
To qualify for this offer, your new account must be used to make any combination of purchase, cash advance or balance transfer totaling at least $75 (exclusive of transaction fees, if any). Please allow 8-12 weeks for the 10,000 bonus points to be credited to your account after qualifying. ... You may use your bonus points to redeem for the jersey or for any other available redemption.
Credit for this credit card bonus find goes to this SlickDeals thread.