KeyBank has a new checking account promotion in which you can receive a $100 MarsterCard gift card when you open a checking account and make one debit card transaction plus a combination of two direct deposits OR automated payments each of $100 or more. The offer ends November 7, 2008.
Here's some of the important small print. Please refer to the promotion page for the official details.
- Offer valid for accounts opened in Washington, Oregon, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan and Kentucky
- Direct deposit transactions are limited to: payroll, social security, pension and government benefits.
- Automated payments exclude Key Bill Pay, debit card automated payments, PayPal transactions and account to account balance transfers.
- Offer not available to individuals who have opened a KeyBank checking account in the last 12 months.
- The value of the gift card will be reported on Form 1099-INT.
- If you close your account within 180 days of account opening, you will be charged a $25 account early closure fee.
Some features of the Key Express Free Checking include:
- $50 Minimum opening deposit
- No monthly fees
- No minimum balance requirements
- ACH transfer capability
- $2 fee for using non-KeyBank ATMs
- $25 early closing fee if closed before 180 days
KeyBank has been FDIC insured since 1956.
Thanks to the reader who mentioned this promotion in the finding deals post.