High-Yield Reward Checking Account at Allegiance Credit Union in Oklahoma
Allegiance Credit Union has a reward checking account that pays 4.01% APY on balances up to $20,000 (0.60% for above) and refunds ATM fees nationwide up to $25 per month if the following monthly requirements are met:
- 12 Visa check card purchases
- one direct deposit or automatic payment
- receive electronic statements
If these are not met, the rate falls to 0.20%. Minimum initial deposit is $25. There is no monthly service charge or minimum balance requirement. Multiple accounts can be opened, but requirements must be met for each account.
Membership is open to anyone who resides, works, worships or attends school in the Oklahoma City Metropolitan Statistical Area. This area consists of the following six counties: Logan, Canadian, Oklahoma, Cleveland, McClain and Pottawatomie. Refer to the credit union's Membership Qualifications Page for the full details. Membership requires a minimum balance of $5 in the share savings account.
The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 63250).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
Thanks to the reader who emailed me news of this reward checking account.
- 10/01/10: 4.01% APY up to $20K; 0.60% over
- 04/01/10: 4.01% APY up to $35K; 0.60% over
- 12/17/09: 4.25% APY up to $35K; 0.75% over
- 11/27/09: 4.25% APY up to $35K
- 06/01/09: 5.01% APY up to $35K; 1.1% over; 0.20% base
- 02/09/09: 5.01% APY up to $35K; 1.1% over; 0.40% base
Banks Mentioned in this Post:
|Allegiance Credit Union|
Locations: 5 Health Rating: