Update 6/29/10: The top rate has fallen to 3.50% APY.
- 3.50% APY on balances up to $30,000
- 0.10% APY on balances over $30,000
- 0.10% base rate if qualifications are not met
- ATM fees refunded up to $5/month
Rates are listed at the bank's checking account page as of 6/29/09. The monthly requirements include:
- 15 debit card purchases
- one ACH direct deposit
- Use Online Banking and E-statements
Additional features of the account regardless of the monthly requirements include:
- $50 minimum initial deposit
- No minimum balance requirements
- Earn 5 cents for every signature-based (non PIN) debit card purchase
It appears a branch visit is required to open an account. Branches are located in the Missouri cities of Springfield, Nixa and Ozark.
Guaranty Bank has been FDIC insured since 1935 (FDIC Certificate # 28670).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
06/29/10: 3.50% APY up to $30K
??/??/??: 4.00% APY up to $30K
06/15/09: 5.00% APY up to $30K, 0.10% over, 0.10% base rate
03/23/09: 5.00% APY up to $30K, 0.50% over, 0.50% base rate