Lockheed Federal Credit Union is offering a checking account promotion in which you can earn up to $150. It doesn't seem to be listed on credit union's website. A reader provided a scan of the LA Times ad, and I have it available here. I just called the credit union, and confirmed that it's available. However, according to the CSR, you have to visit a branch to qualify for the promotion. The CSR said that she expected the promo to last through May 2009, but there's no guarantee. Below is the list of details to earn the full $150 as described in the ad:
- $50 for opening any checking account with a minimum initial deposit of $250
- $50 when you sign up for monthly direct deposit of $100 or more
- $50 when you use Web BillPay to make 3 electronic payments
- Direct Deposit and Web BillPay activity must occur within 60 days of your checking account open date
- Bonus amounts are taxable
- Limit one per household
- Current LFCU checking accounts are excluded from this offer
Credit union membership is open to members of Achievers Club. Anyone can join this club with a one-time $5 fee. You can be immediately eligible to join the credit union via select employer groups and family. Please refer to the credit union's Membership Page for the full details. Credit union membership requires a minimum balance of $5 in the share savings account.
As I mentioned above, the promo requires a branch visit. However, you can join the credit union online. Branches are located in several California cities and in Nashua, New Hampshire.
The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA.
Thanks to the reader who provided the scan of this ad in the Daily News & Deals page.
Other Bank and Credit Union Bonuses
To find other bonus deals, please refer to my bank bonus page which has all of my recent bank bonus posts.