Columbia River Bank is offering a reward checking account called Ultimate Checking. The account offers the following features and rates if certain monthly requirements are met:
- 3.01% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 0.42% APY on balances over $25,000
- 0.11% base rate if qualifications are not met
- ATM fees refunded up to $25 per cycle
- 10 debit card purchases
- one direct deposit or ACH auto payment
- Log into Online Banking
- Receive e-statements
- $100 minimum initial deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly fees
- Free Bill Pay if kept active ($6/month after 30 days of no activity)
The bank has been FDIC insured since 1977 (FDIC Certificate # 22469).
Thanks to the readers who notified me of this bank.
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
Update 6/01/09: The bank no longer seems to list this account on its website. I was informed by the bank that they are still offering this account and the top rate remains at 4.01% APY.
10/23/09: 3.01% APY up to $25K; 0.42% over (per reader)
08/06/09: 3.80% APY (rate 3.73% per CSR)
04/19/09: 4.01% APY