Bank of the West has a new promotion in which you can earn $100 for opening any new personal checking account with monthly direct deposit of at least $250. The promotion details are listed in bank's promo page at www.bankofthewest.com/neighbor. Checking account must be opened by 6/19/09. Some important details mentioned in the small print include:
- First recurring direct deposit must be posted to your account within 60 calendar days of your account opening date
- Bonus will be credited to your account within 60 days after satisfaction of conditions
- Offer valid for a new personal checking account opened from with $100 or more from a financial institution other than Bank of the West
- Offer does not apply to second or multiple checking accounts and/or existing checking customers
- Limit of one $100 bonus per household per calendar year
- Value of the offer reported to the IRS on Form 1099
Branches are located throughout the Western and Midwestern states including Oklahoma, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, Wyoming, Washington, Oregon and California. The bank has been FDIC insured since 1934 (FDIC Certificate # 3514).
Thanks to the readers who emailed me news of this promotion.