High-Yield Reward Checking Account at Mountain Credit Union in North Carolina - Local Only
- 4.15% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 1.01% APY on balances over $25,000
- 0.05% base rate if qualifications are not met
- Refunds of ATM fees nationwide up to $25 per cycle
The monthly requirements include:
- 12 signature-based debit card purchases
- one direct deposit
- receive e-statements
Additional features of the account regardless of the monthly requirements include:
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- Multiple accounts can be opened, but requirements must be met for each account
Credit union membership is open to anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in Buncombe, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Macon or Swain county of Western North Carolina or in the Cherokee Indian Reservation. Please refer to the credit union's membership page for the full details. Membership requires a $25 minimum balance in the Main Share Account.
Branches are located in Asheville, Cherokee, Fletcher, Franklin, Sylva and Waynesville, NC. The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 68531).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
- 02/15/10: 4.15% APY up to $25K (update made on 9/3/10)
- 05/22/09: 5.15% APY up to $25K; 1.01% over; 0.05% base
Banks Mentioned in this Post:
|Mountain Credit Union|
Locations: 7 Health Rating:
|Latest Review: "Just recieved a letter from MCU about the change in rate from 4.15 to 3.15 and..."|