Update 3/2/11: The top rate has fallen from 3.51% to 2.51% APY.
- 2.51% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 0.51% APY on all amounts above $25,000
- 0.05% base rate if requirements are not met
- ATM fee refunds of up to $25 per cycle
The monthly requirements include:
- 12 debit card purchases
- One direct deposit or ACH auto debit
- Receive e-statements
Additional rates and features of the account regardless of the monthly requirements include:
- $100 minimum initial deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
Update 1/20/11: According to the bank rep, Kasasa Cash is available to Florida residents. The online application allows funding from an existing checking or savings account.
Branches are located in the Southwest Florida cities of Clewiston, LaBelle, Fort Myers and Moore Haven.
The bank has been a FDIC member since 1934 (FDIC Certificate # 9620).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
- 03/02/11: 2.51% APY up to $25K; 0.50% over; 0.05% base
- 01/04/10: 3.51% APY up to $25K; 0.70% over; 0.15% base
- 06/17/09: 4.01% APY up to $25K; 0.70% over; 0.25% base (First Rate Checking)