Leominster Credit Union has a reward checking account that it calls Remarkable Rewards Checking. The account offers the following rates and features if certain monthly requirements are met:
- 4.01% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 1.01% APY on the portion of the balance over $25,000
- 0.10% base rate if qualifications are not met
- ATM fee refunds without limit
- 10 debit card purchases
- 1 direct deposit or auto pay
- receive e-Statements
- $25 minimum initial deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
Branches are located in the cities of Leominster, Worcester, Clinton, Holden and Sterling.
The credit union has some decent ratings for soundness: 4 stars (excellent) at BauerFinancial and 3 stars (performing) at Bankrate.com. Both ratings are based on 12/31/08 financial data. The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 66699).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
11/22/09: 4.01% APY up to $25K guaranteed to 12/31/09
06/09/09: 4.01% APY up to $25K guaranteed to 11/01/09; 1.01% over; 0.10% base