Competitive Long-Term CDs and Money Market Account at Altura Credit Union in CA - Local Only
Altura Credit Union has some competitive rates on its long-term certificates. In addition, the certificates have some nice features. Rates vary by the deposit size. For a $10,000 minimum the 5-year CD rate is 3.70% APY and the 4-year CD rate is 3.15% APY. For a $150,000 minimum the 5-year CD rate is 4.00% APY and the 4-year CD rate is 3.45% APY. The same rates also apply to IRA certificates. These rates are listed in the credit union's rates page as of 6/26/09.
Some of the nice certificate features include:
- Deposits are allowed in $1,000 increments through the certificate term up to the amount of the original deposit
- A 0.25% bump is automatically added to your Share Certificate rate when you maintain an Honors or Honors + Checking Account
- A one-time bump option applies to all non-promotional Share Certificate terms
Altura also has a competitive money market account called Prestige Money Market. It's a tiered rate account with a 2.35% APY for balances of $100K+ and a 2.10% APY for balances from $50K up to $100K (as of 6/26/09).
Membership is open to anyone who lives, works, attends school, or worships in the following areas of California:
- Riverside County
- San Diego County
- Orange County cities of Anaheim, Garden Grove, Irvine and Santa Ana
- San Bernardino County cities of Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario and Fontana
The credit union has fair ratings for safety and soundness: 3 stars (adequate) at BauerFinancial (based on 3/31/09 data) and 3 stars (performing) at Bankrate.com (based on 12/31/08 data). The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 62799).
Other High Certificate of Deposit Rates
Banks Mentioned in this Post:
|Altura Credit Union|
Locations: 8 Health Rating:
|Recent Posts: 4.25% 7-Month CD at Altura Credit Union in California|