- To qualify for the $75 bonus, your WTDirect savings account balance must be at least $10,000 on July 31, 2009
- Must make direct deposits into your account of at least $300 per month during the period 7/1/09 through 9/30/09
- Bonus will be credited to your account on or about October 15, 2009
- A direct deposit is defined as a recurring and automatic electronic deposit transaction of at least $300 per month initiated by a third party source of income, such as employment, pension or social security income
Last Year's $250 Promotion
Last year WTDirect was offering up to a $250 bonus. Several readers reported success in receiving that bonus. This one isn't nearly as nice, but it helps a little to offset the low interest rate environment.
WTDirect Account Details:
As of 6/03/09, the 1.76% APY is not too bad. However, you earn only 0.15% for balances under $10K (except for the first 60 days). So this may not be an account you'll want for the long term. WTDirect has better documentation than many other online banks. Here are the links along with some relevant details:
- Account Details - no monthly fees
- FAQs - allows unlimited linked accounts, high limits on ACH transfers
- Account funding FAQs - fund by electronic funds transfer with trial deposit verification or by mailing in a check
WTDirect is a division of Wilmington Trust FSB which has been FDIC insured since 1994 (FDIC Certificate # 33911).
Thanks to the reader Sarah who mentioned this promotion in the Daily News & Deals post.
For other high yield savings accounts, please refer to my weekly rate summary.