Texas Heritage Bank is offering a rewards checking account with the following rates and features if certain monthly requirements are met:
- 4.50% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 1.01% APY on the portion of the balance over $25,000
- 0.05% base rate if qualifications are not met
- ATM fees refunded nationwide up to $40
- 10 Visa debit card purchases
- 1 direct deposit or ACH debit
- Receive e-Statements
- $50 minimum intial deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- Multiple accounts can be opened, but requirements must be met for each account to qualify for the top rate
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness are solid: 4 stars (excellent) at BauerFinancial and 4 stars (sound) at Bankrate.com. Both ratings are based on 3/31/09 financial data. The bank has been a FDIC member since 1934 (FDIC Certificate # 11903).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.