BC National Bank is offering a reward checking account called Ultimate Plus Checking. The account has the following rates and features if certain monthly requirements are met:
- 5.10% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 1.25% APY on portion of balance over $25,000
- 0.20% APY base rate if requirements are not met
- 12 debit card purchases
- 1 direct deposit or ACH transaction
- Receive e-statements
- $100 minimum initial deposit
- ATM fee refunds nationwide up to $15 per month
- No minimum balance requirement
- Free checks (up to one box per year)
If you plan to keep a balance near $25K in this account, you would likely be better off with the Ultimate Plus Checking. The higher interest would offset the fee if you didn't want to do the extra 12 debit card purchases. For example, it only takes a rate of 0.30% to earn $6/month of interest from a $25K balance.
It appears that a branch visit is required to open an account. Branches are located in the Missouri cities of Butler, Amoret, Lee's Summit, Harrisonville, Pleasant Hill and Peculiar. The bank has been a FDIC member since 1957 (FDIC Certificate # 17792).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.