Update 2/28/2010: The new expiration date is now 3/31/2010.
TD AMERITRADE continues to offer the Suze Orman's Save Yourself Promotion. You can make $100 from this promotion, but it requires one year of $100 monthly electronic deposits before the bonus is awarded. Here are the important points from the promotion's small print:
- Open a new TD AMERITRADE account (non-retirement) opened by 12/31/09
- Set up 12 monthly consecutive automatic electronic deposits of $100 or more
- First $100 must be deposited within 30 days of opening account.
- Accounts will be reviewed 12 months from date of first qualified deposit to determine eligibility for offer
- Bonus is forfeited if money is withdrawn during the year
- Your cash is held in a TD Bank USA FDIC Insured Deposit Account
- APY of account as of 9/24/09 is 0.50%. Rate is variable.
My last post on this promotion was last November when the rate was 1.50%. A commenter in a previous post reported being told that there is no fee to close the account after the year is up.
More info on TD Bank USA is available at this FDIC page (Certificate # 33947).
Thanks to the reader who mentioned this promotion in the Bank Deals hub page.
One interesting fact about Suze Orman is how she invests her money. It was reported that most of her money, over $20 million, is kept in zero-coupon municipal bonds which are triple-A-rated and insured.