High-Yield Reward Checking Account at Co-Op Credit Union in Wisconsin - Local Only
Update 7/25/10: The top rate has fallen from 4.35% to 3.40% APY
- 3.40% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 1.00% on portion of balances above $25,000
- 0.25% base rate if qualifications are not met
- Refunds ATM fees nationwide up to $20 per cycle
The monthly requirements include:
- 12 debit card purchases
- One direct deposit or automatic debit
- Access online banking
- Receive e-statements
Additional features of the account regardless of the monthly requirements include:
- $20 minimum initial deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- Only one account per member is allowed
Membership is open to anyone residing, employed or owning real estate in Jackson County and in parts of the counties of Trempealeau, Monroe and La Crosse. Also eligible are members of any cooperative organized or existing in Jackson County. Please refer to the credit union's membership page for the full details. Membership requires a minimum $5 balance in the share savings account.
Branches are located in the Wisconsin cities of Black River Falls, Melrose and Galesville.
The credit union's ratings for safety and soundness are 5 stars (superior) at BauerFinancial and 3 stars (performing) at Bankrate.com. Both ratings are based on 3/31/09 financial data. The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 66983).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
- 04/11/10: 3.40% APY up to $25K; 1.00% over;
- 09/04/09: 4.35% APY up to $25K; 1.30% over; 0.25% base
Banks Mentioned in this Post:
|Co-Op Credit Union|
Locations: 5 Health Rating:
|Recent Posts: Special 1-Year & 4-Year CD Rates at Co-Op Credit Union in Wisconsin|