- 4.51% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 1.01% APY on the portion of the balance over $25,000
- 0.50% base rate if qualifications are not met
- ATM fee refunds without limit
- 12 Visa debit card purchases
- One direct deposit or automatic payment
- Access online banking
- receive e-Statements
- No minimum initial deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- Limit of one account per member
The credit union also has a good deal on its Money Market Savings Account with a top rate of 2.83% APY for a minimum balance of $150,001. This rate is listed in the credit union's rates page as of 9/27/09. My last post on this credit union was in June 2008 when the top rate was 4.35% APY. So it does have a history of competitive rates.
Branches are located in the Idaho cities of Pocatello, Chubbuck, Soda Springs, Montpelier and American Falls.
The credit union's ratigs for safety and soundness are a little weak: 2 stars (below peer group) at Bankrate.com (based on 3/31/09 data) and 3 stars (adequate) at BauerFinancial (based on 6/30/09 data). The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 8428).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.