Farmers Bank & Trust is offering a reward checking account called True Rewards Checking with the following rates and features if certain monthly requirements are met:
- 5.01% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 1.01% APY on portion of balance over $25,000
- 0.25% on all balances if requirements are not met
- Refunds ATM fees nationwide
- 10 check card purchases (excludes ATM transaction)
- 1 direct deposit or ACH auto debit
- Access on-line banking
- Receive e-statements
- $100 minimum initial deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- Free online bill pay
- Overdraft protection
FB&T ratings for safety and soundness are fair: 3 stars (performing) at Bankrate.com and 3½ stars (good) at BauerFinancial. Both ratings are based on 3/31/09 financial data.
The bank was established in 1906 has been FDIC insured since 1934 (FDIC Certificate # 1291).
Confusing 'Reward Checking' Accounts
Readers should be careful not to confuse two financial institutions within Arkansas with virtually identical names but dissimilar rewards accounts: Farmers Bank and Trust (FDIC nomenclature) in Blytheville as versus the one described above, Farmers Bank & Trust in Magnolia.
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.