Update 7/29/10: The rate has fallen to 3.65% APY. Refer to the bottom of the post for the rate history.
- 3.65% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 0.15% on portion of balances above $25,000
- 0.15% base rate if qualifications are not met
The monthly requirements include:
- 10 debit card purchases
- One direct deposit
- Aggregate deposit/loan balance of $5,000 or more
- Receive electronic statements
Additional features of the account regardless of the monthly requirements include:
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- $5 minimum balance in a savings account
Membership is open to anyone affiliated (on a local level) with the University of Wyoming. Others include employees of Albany County, the City of Laramie and Wyoming Technical Institute (WyoTech). Refer to the credit union's Field of Membership Page for more details.
The credit union's ratings for safety and soundness are strong: 5 stars (superior) at BauerFinancial and 4 stars (sound) at Bankrate.com. The above rates are based on 3/31/09 financial data. The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 9089).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
Edit 9/15/09: Corrected balance requirement.
- 07/28/10: 3.65% APY up to $25K
- 02/10/10: 4.21% APY up to $25K
- 12/31/09: 4.19% APY up to $25K
- 09/06/09: 5.25% APY up to $25K; 0.15% over; 0.15% base