- 3.25% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 1.01% APY on portion of balance over $25,000
- 0.15% APY base rate if requirements are not met
- ATM fee refunds nationwide up to $25 per cycle
- 12 check card transactions
- 1 direct deposit or other ACH transaction
- Receive e-statements
- $25 minimum initial deposit
- No monthly service charge
- No minimum balance requirement
- Free online Bill Pay service
Both the reward checking account and the online savings accounts can be opened via the bank's online application. However, in the application you have to provide your zip code, and if your zip code is outside their market area, you won't be allowed to apply. I tried one out-of-state zip code, and it was rejected. I then tried a Philadelphia zip code, and it was also rejected.
Branches are located in Quakertown, PA and in nearby towns.
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness are fair to above average: 3 stars (performing) at Bankrate.com and 4 stars (excellent) at BauerFinancial. Both ratings are based on 6/30/09 financial data. QNB is a FDIC member (FDIC bank finder is down as of the morning of 10/12/09).
Thanks to the reader who mentioned this bank in the comments.
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.