- 5.00% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 0.50% on all amounts above $25,000
- 0.50% if requirements are not met (amounts over $10,000)
- ATM refunds nationwide up to $25 (requires receipts; excludes excess withdrawal fees)
- 12 debit card signature-based purchases
- One direct deposit
- Enrollment in online banking (PCSmart) with eStatements
- $50 opening deposit for checking account
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- No per check charges
- Free online banking
- Free online bill pay
Branches are located in Saginaw, Michigan.
Additionally, a couple of notable pluses include a Youth Savers account that list 3.04% APY for all balances, and a current youth special CD: 7%, 7 months, $700 max ($500 min).
The credit union's ratings for safety and soundness are strong: 5 stars (superior) at BauerFinancial and 4 stars (sound) at Bankrate.com. Both ratings are based on 6/30/09 data. The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 20007).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.