- First $100: Establish direct deposit of your paycheck/pension/social security (at least $400) and having 10 check card purchases in the first 60 days of the account.
- Second $100: Keep the direct deposit and complete an additional 25 check card purchases by 3/31/2010.
- Third $100: Keep the direct deposit and complete an additional 25 Check Card purchases by 5/31/2010.
Some important details related to the National City's Free Checking Plus Account include:
- $50 minimum opening balance
- Requires monthly automatic activity (direct deposit, online bill payment or ACH payment)
- Without automatic monthly activity, converted to Free Checking ($12 free for transfer)
- No maintenance fees
- Free checks
- No charges for use of non-National City ATMs (other bank may charge)
This promo appears to only be available in areas where National City has branches that have not yet been converted to PNC branches. National City has branches in FL, IL, IN, KY, MI, MO, OH, PA and WI. Refer to this map for the footprint of National City and PNC.
National City Branch Conversions
PNC finished the closing of its acquisition of National City on December 31, 2008. Conversion of National City branches into PNC branches was scheduled to start the second half of 2009. According to this Pittsburgh Post-Gazette article:
Besides Pittsburgh, about 160 National City offices in the Erie region, Florida and eastern Ohio, are part of the first wave. All markets are set to be converted by the end of June.
This first wave is occurring this month.
$100 PNC Bonus
For those who don't live in National City's market area, PNC still has a $100 bonus for opening its Virtual Wallet Account. Refer to my bonus review for more details.
Other Bank Bonus Deals: