PerkStreet Financial has increased its new-account bonus from $50 to $100. Update: The $100 bonus is available at this promotions page (see note at bottom). All other details appear to be the same as I posted early this month:
- Promotion is scheduled to end on 12/31/2009
- $25 minimum deposit
- Bank will deposit $100 bonus into your account within 15 business days of the end of the third month
- Valid for first-time PerkStreet Financial checking account customers
- $4.50 monthly fee can be avoided by using the account (debit card usage, writing a check that clears the account, using Online Bill Pay, initiating a withdrawal or making a deposit to the account)
- No minimum balance requirement
- First book of checks is free
- No fees for ATMs within the STARsf network
- 1% cash back for all non-PIN debit card purchases
There's an online application link available when you click on the $100 bonus image on the checking account page. I contacted the bank for my last post, and I was told all US residents are eligible to apply.
According to the Perkstreet Financial website, banking services are provided by The Bancorp Bank which is FDIC insured. The Bancorp Bank has a been a FDIC member since 2000 (FDIC Certificate # 35444). Only the web address www.thebancorp.com is listed at the FDIC. So I called the customer service number at The Bancorp website, and the CSR was able to confirm that Perkstreet Financial was affiliated with them.
Thanks to the reader who notified me of this bonus increase.
Other Bank Bonus Deals:
ING Direct is offering a $121 bonus for opening its Electric Orange Checking account (see post). This is a Black Friday promotion that is only available today (11/27/09). For other bank bonuses, please refer to the following page: