- Open a Signature Banking Checking account by 1/31/10
- Establish two qualifying services for $200
- Establish one qualifying services for $100
- Qualifying services include 1) monthly direct deposit, 2) three online bill payments to three different payees, beginning the month after account opening 3) five debit card purchases or payments per month
- Valid for new customers with funds not presently on deposit with Union Bank
- Bonus will be deposited by 4/30/10 into the Signature Checking account which must be active and in good standing
- Limit one offer per household
- Bonus reported as interest paid for tax purposes
I noticed the bank's Preferred Savings account has a competitive rate of 1.50% APY for balances of at least $10,000. This is listed in the bank's savings account rates page as of 12/28/09. This could help ease the checking's $10,000 combined minimum balance requirement.
There's a toll-free number listed on the promo page. I haven't called this number to see if it's available nationwide. I would guess a branch visit is required. According to the bank's company profile page, the bank has 337 banking offices in California, Oregon, Washington and Texas. However, the vast majority of the branches are located in California.
Union Bank has been a FDIC member since 1979 (FDIC Certificate # 22826).
Thanks to the reader Marc who mentioned this promotion in the comments of the bank deals hub.
Update: A reader noted that there are also two $50 bonuses available for opening a free checking account. Both require either direct deposit or three online bill payments:
- $50 cash bonus, Expires 12/31/09
- $50 Nijiya Market Gift Certificate. Expires 2/28/10
Other Bank Bonuses
To find other bonus deals, please refer to my bank bonus page which has all of my recent bank bonus posts.