- 3.00% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 0.00% base rate if qualifications are not met
- Refunds ATM fees nationwide up to $20 per cycle
- 10 MasterCard Debit Card purchases
- One electronic withdrawal or deposit
- Receive electronic statements
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- Daily ATM withdrawal limit of $300
Branches are located in the California cities of Arcadia, Covina, El Monte and Glendora.
The credit union's ratings for safety and soundness are strong: 4 stars (excellent) at BauerFinancial (based on 9/30/09 data) and 4 stars (sound) at Bankrate.com (based on 6/30/09 data). The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 12425).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
Foothill's reward checking rate is a little low. There are still many reward checking accounts with rates of at least 4%. On the plus side, this is another reward checking option for those in parts of California. Compared to other states, California doesn't have many banks and credit unions offering reward checking accounts.
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation, please refer to the reward checking section of DepositAccounts.com. To learn more about reward checking, please refer to this reward checking overview.