- 3.04% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 0.50% on entire balance if the balance is over $25,000
- 0.50% base rate if requirements are not met
- 10 MasterCard debit card purchases
- 1 ACH direct deposit
- Access Online Banking with a minimum of 1 Bill Pay
- Receive e-statements
- ATM fee refunds nationwide up to 6 per month
- No more than 10 paper checks paid per cycle
- No Minimum Balance Requirement
- No Monthly Maintenance Fee
- Free Bill Pay
Update 6/13/13: A branch visit is required to open an account. However, people from any state are eligible to open an account if they can physically visit a branch. Branches are located in the Central Florida cities of Orlando, Longwood, Altamonte Springs, Winter Park, Apopka and Inverness.
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness are fair: 3 stars (adequate) at BauerFinancial (based on 9/30/09 data) and 3 stars (performing) at Bankrate.com (based on 6/30/09 data). The bank has been a FDIC member since 1982 (FDIC Certificate # 24244).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation, please refer to the reward checking section of DepositAccounts.com. To learn more about reward checking, please refer to this reward checking overview.
Edit: Noted APY if balance is over $25K.