Peoples Bank & Trust is offering a high-yield reward checking account called Peoples Reward Checking. It has the following rates and features if certain monthly requirements are met:
- 3.00% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 1.00% on portion of balance over $25,000
- 0.50% base rate if requirements are not met
- ATM fee refunds nationwide
The monthly requirements include:
- 12 debit card purchases
- 1 direct deposit
- Receive e-statements
Additional features of the account regardless of the monthly requirements include:
- $100 minimum initial deposit
- No Minimum Balance Requirement
- No Monthly Maintenance Fee
It appears that a branch visit is required to open an account. Branches are located in the Missouri cities of Troy, O'Fallon, Winfield, Hawk Point, Elsberry and Bowling Green.
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness are a little weak: 2 stars (problematic) at BauerFinancial (based on 9/30/09 data) and 1 star (lowest) at Bankrate.com (based on 6/30/09 data). The bank has been a FDIC member since 1934 (FDIC Certificate # 8903).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation, please refer to the reward checking section of DepositAccounts.com. To learn more about reward checking, please refer to this reward checking overview.
- 12/29/10: 3.00% APY up to $25K (per reader, rates no longer listed on website)
- 12/30/09: 4.00% APY up to $25K