PlainsCapital Bank is offering up to $150 for opening a checking account with direct deposit. The bonus is listed in the bank's special offers page. Account must be opened by 2/19/2010. Some of the important details listed in the small print include:
- To qualify for the $50 bonus, you must open a new PlainsCapital Bank Free Checking Account by Feb. 19, 2010, with a minimum deposit of $50 in new funds
- To qualify for the $100 bonus, you must set up direct deposit into the new account within 60 days of account opening.
- $50 bonus will be automatically deposited into your new account within 10 business days.
- Once direct deposit is set up and a deposit is made, the $100 bonus will be automatically deposited into your new account within 10 business days.
- Limit one offer per customer
- Checking account to remain open for 90 days or the account could be subject to an early closing fee
- Bonus is considered interest and must be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT
The Free Checking Account has no monthly fees or minimum balance requirements. The first box of checks is free.
Branches are located in the Texas cities of Austin, Round Rock, San Antonio, Frisco, Dallas, Arlington, Fort Worth, Carrollton, Lubbock and Weatherford.
The bank has been a FDIC member since 1955 (FDIC Certificate # 17491).
Thanks to the reader who emailed me news of this special.
Other Bank Bonuses
To find other bonus deals, please refer to my bank bonus page which has all of my recent bank bonus posts.