- 3.05% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 0.50% on portion of balance between $25,000 and $100,000
- 0.25% on portion of balance above $100,000
- 0.10% base rate if requirements are not met
The monthly requirements include:
- 12 debit card purchases (signature-based)
- 1 ACH direct deposit
- Access online banking at least once
- Receive e-statements and maintain a valid email address
Additional features of the account regardless of the monthly requirements include:
- $50 minimum initial deposit
- Free bill pay
I don't see any mention of monthly fees. Also, I don't see any mention of refunds of ATM fees. At the bottom of the bank's personal checking page it states that the use of STAR network ATMs are free.
It appears that a branch visit is required to open an account. Branches are located in the Wisconsin cities of Sheboygan, Plymouth, Elkhart Lake, Chilton, Glendale, Appleton and Greenfield.
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness are a little weak: 3 stars (adequate) at BauerFinancial (based on 9/30/09 data) and 2 stars (below peer group) at Bankrate.com (based on 6/30/09 data). The bank has been a FDIC member since 1989 (FDIC Certificate # 27507).