BankDeals Is Now at DepositAccounts.com
I'm happy to report that the transition of BankDeals blog to DepositAccounts has been completed. All of my past blog posts and comments are now at DepositAccounts, and all future posts will be done here. Those who have email subscriptions of my daily blog postings should continue to receive emails. You can also subscribe to my notice postings. Just click on the RSS image on top of the notice page.
I discussed some of the new features on Thursday including notices and enhanced commenting. Additional new features have been added with this transition. Here's a review of some of these new features:
- Home Page - There's a new layout which allows you to quickly view the latest blogs posts, notices, and articles. If you want to see info automatically filtered down by topic category to nationwide deals, local deals, banking news, or rate changes, refer to the bottom of the home page. For those who prefer to see the posts laid out similar to blogspot, that has also been preserved on the blog page. Think of this home page as the new hub page.
- Open Discussion Thread - This is where to comment if you've found a good banking deal or an interesting bank-related news story. Recent comments from this thread are shown in the recent discussion box on the right sidebar. To view the open discussion thread, click on either the link in the comment box or the link in the top menu.
- Membership - You can now register at DepositAccounts, which is free, of course. This feature is mainly to save you time when commenting from not having to enter your name and image verification, but there are other benefits such as the ability to set your default state for the rate tables and local news and to upload an avatar that is displayed with your comments. More benefits will be added later.
- Rate Tables - Those of you who use the reward checking tables are already familiar with these, but one of the biggest new features to complement the blog posts are rate tables. These are now available for a wide range of products instead of just reward checking accounts, and they also include many more banks and credit unions and are updated much more frequently. You can view all banks and credit unions available to you and note whether they are nationwide (as indicated by the icon of the U.S. map) or local. If you prefer to just view banks with nationwide eligibility, you can do so by changing your state to Nationwide in the right column. Many more enhancements to these tables are planned for the near future, including additional filtering options.
- Bank Hub Pages - Each bank listed has its own hub page now with pertinent information about the bank. Here you can view all products we are tracking for the bank along with a list of recent blog posts related to that bank and reviews from other users. If you notice inaccurate rates, please use the 'Report an Issue' link on each bank page to let us know what you found, and we'll update the tables promptly.
There will be more features added over the coming months. We appreciate all the suggestions you have already made on previous announcement posts and are working hard to get many of these added. Please keep the comments coming.
Thanks in advance for your patience and grace as we attempt to work out the kinks that will surely come with the transition and continue to build out some of the new site features over the coming days!