SunTrust is offering up to $150 for opening a new checking account and using online Bill Pay. Below are the steps as outlined at SunTrust's promotions page for those without a SunTrust checking account:
- Provide your e-mail address and SunTrust will send you step-by-step instructions on how to open a new account–and earn $150
- Register your SunTrust personal checking account in the promotion via suntrust.com/solid between February 1, 2010 and April 30, 2010.
- Make three bill payments through SunTrust Online Banking with Bill Pay from your registered personal checking account within the next two calendar months of the account opening date.
- Once these steps are complete, SunTrust will direct deposit $50 into the registered SunTrust personal checking account up to 10 weeks after the last bill payment was processed.
Receive an additional $100 when you:
- Qualify for the $50 offer above.
- Continue to make at least three payments each month for the next three consecutive months through SunTrust Online Banking with Bill Pay from the same personal checking account registered in the promotion.
- Once these steps are complete, SunTrust will direct deposit an additional $100 into the registered SunTrust personal checking up to 10 weeks after the last bill payment was processed.
There's also a $100 bonus for existing SunTrust customers who have not used online Bill Pay.
Reports from this FW thread indicate that it's available nationwide and there's no hard credit pull. You can apply online or by phone.
Thanks to the reader who mentioned this promotion in the Open Discussions Thread.
SunTrust is a FDIC member (FDIC Certificate # 867). It's one of the large regional banks with $166 billion in assets and $126 billion in deposits.