KeyBank is offering a decent checking account promotion. Here's the link to the promotion. The $150 bonus is for opening its free checking account. The $200 bonus requires one of their checking accounts that has monthly fees. Both bonuses require the same activities:
- Open the checking account by April 30, 2010
- Make one KeyBank Rewards debit card transaction (ATMs excluded)
- Make a combination of two direct deposits and/or automated payments each of $100 or more by July 2, 2010
Some important small print:
- You must have or request a KeyBank Rewards debit card and enroll in the KeyBank Rewards points program. ... There is a $20 annual fee for the KeyBank Rewards program that will be waived for the first year.
- Offer not available to individuals who have opened a KeyBank checking account in the last 12 months.
- If you close your account within 180 days of account opening, you will be charged a $25 account early closure fee.
The promotion FAQs has some important points including who's eligible:
The offer is not available in all areas. Individuals and businesses will only be eligible in the following districts: Cleveland, Eastern OH, Idaho, Western NY, Oregon, Seattle Cascades, South Puget Sound, Central NY, Rochester, Maine, Northwest OH, Michigan, and Capital Region NY.
There's also a business checking account promotion that offers up to $275.
When I had contacted KeyBank in previous years, I've been told by their customer service reps that they don't do a hard credit inquiry. They only use ChexSystem in the application approval process.
KeyBank has been a FDIC member since 1956.
Credit for this find goes to FW member DreamKrusher who posted on it in this FW thread.
Other Bank Bonuses
To find other bonus deals, please refer to my bank bonus page which has all of my recent bank bonus posts.