Associated Bank has brought back its $150 checking account promotion. The bank is offering up to a $150 bonus for opening a checking account and performing specific activities. The offer is scheduled to end on May 31, 2011. The promotion isn't listed on the bank's website. It's being advertised in a Wisconsin newspaper. The ad is available online here. Requirements for the bonus include:
- Open a new personal checking account with a minimum $100 by 5/31/2011
- $50 after you order checks at account opening and complete a minimum of 5 debit card signature purchases
- $50 with enrollment in Online Bill Pay and completing three bill payment transactions
- $50 with a recurring direct deposit of at least $100
Some important small print includes:
- Offer not available to households who already have an Associated Bank checking account or that have had a checking account within the last 60 days.
- Limited to one bonus per household
- All qualifying activity must occur within 60 days of account opening to obtain bonus
- The bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 100 days of account opening
- Checking account must remain open and active with a minimum of 5 transactions monthly to receive bonus payment
- For tax purposes, a 1099 form may be issued
Two important things to note about this promotion:
- All of the checking accounts have monthly fees. The Advantage Checking looks like it's the easiest to avoid a monthly fee. Fees can be avoided with a $500 balance, direct deposit or at least 5 electronic transactions per month.
- The first $50 requires that you order checks which are not free
As I mentioned above, this promotion doesn't appear to be listed on the bank's website. It was only advertised in a Wisconsin paper. I called the bank, and according to the CSR, this promotion should be available at all of their branches. Associated Bank branches are located in several cities in Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota including Madison, Green Bay, Milwaukee, Chicago, Peoria, Minneapolis, Saint Paul and Rochester.
Associated Bank has an overall health score of 3 stars (out of 5) with a Texas Ratio of 17.09% (average) based on December 2010 data. Please refer to our financial overview of Associated Bank for more details. The bank has been a FDIC member since 1934 (FDIC Certificate # 5296).
Other Bank Bonuses
To find other bonus deals at other banks and credit unions, please refer to the bank bonus page which has all of my recent bank bonus blog posts. There are also additional bonuses listed in the checking account deals forum.