This is the eighth finding-the-best-deals post. The last one was getting too long.
In your comment, please include the link to the deal. If the deal is not on the bank's website, please include the source of the deal (i.e. a New York Times newspaper ad, a sign at a local bank, etc.)
I'll try my best to post on the deals, and I'll be sure to give you credit. If you want to remain anonymous, simply comment as an anonymous user or email me at bankdeals at gmail dot com.
One tip to see if the deal has already been posted is to use the search box at the top of this page or do a search of my archive page or the monthly archives which are located on the right sidebar.
Bank Deals at this Blog and Elsewhere
With new deals from banks and credit unions constantly popping up, no site has a complete list of all the best deals. Some think Bankrate.com has a complete list, but it fails to list many high rate CDs especially those with odd terms like an 11-month term. Also, it does a poor job at credit union certificates.
Below are lists of the best resources for different categories. I've included mine on top of each category (noted by Bank Deals:). If you find another good source of bank deals, please let me know.
Best Certificate of Deposit Rates
- Bank Deals: Weekly National CD List
- Bank Deals: Weekly Local CD List
- Bank Deals: CDs without small deposit limits
- FatWallet CD Thread
Best Money Market / Savings / Checking Account Rates
- Bank Deals: Weekly Savings/Money Market List
- Bank Deals: Best Checking Accounts Summary
- Bank Deals: Best Reward Checking Accounts - latest 100
- FatWallet Savings/Checking Thread
- Bank Deals: Bonuses - latest 50
- Bank Deals: Summary of Bank of America Bonuses
- iBankBonus - Bank Sign-up Bonuses
Banking and Credit Union Resources
- Bank Deals FDIC and NCUA info and links
- Bank Deals Importance of FDIC and NCUA
- Bank Deals Extending FDIC or NCUA Coverage Past $100K
- Bank Deals EverBank's Foreign Currency CDs
- Bank Deals Research into Millennium Bank and its High Yield CDs
- Bank Deals Links to resources for National Banks
- Bank Deals Finding local credit unions
- Bank Deals CD Penalty Calculator - When to Break a CD
- Bankrate's Safe & Sound Database
- FatWallet Thread on ACH and Direct Deposit
- FatWallet Thread on Banks and Hard Credit Pulls