Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Wells Fargo Won’t Talk To Me Because I’m Not My Dead Mother

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 7:17 AMWells Fargo Bank - Details
From the Consumerist
A woman in California says she she just wants to take over the mortgage for the family house she inherited when her mom passed away, but instead she's facing eviction because the folks at Wells Fargo will only speak to her dead mother.

In her Change.org petition, the daughter says Wells Fargo moved to foreclose on the house shortly after her mother passed away.

Read more

Consumerist has an update on this reporting that Wells Fargo has put the foreclosure on hold after the petition approached 150,000 signatures.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,467 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 124,996
1. Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 11:37 AM
I think there has to be more details to this than what we are reading.  If the daughter presented Wells Fargo with a copy of the death certificate and the Will stating she was to inherit the property, maybe everything has not been processed by the courts to give the woman the paperwork she needs to really prove the property is hers.  Probate can take time but in the meantime, I do not think Wells Fargo would try to take over the property without giving the woman enough time to certify her ownership of the property. 
paoli2paoli21,365 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 5,982
2. Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 3:31 AM
I would normally agree with you Paoli, but Wells is a huge bureaucracy that can be huge pain in the neck to deal with.

I still pine for Wachovia, a much better bank for depositors.
loulou541 posts since
Aug 3, 2010
Rep Points: 3,388