Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Navy Federal To Hold First-Ever Worldwide Member Appreciation Week

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 - 3:00 PMNavy Federal Credit Union - Details
From the Credit Union Times
The $49 billion Navy Federal Credit Union announced Tuesday it will launch its first-ever worldwide Member Appreciation Week on Sept. 17.
[...]
[The CEO said that Navy Federal] will tout some of its best offers to date on certificates, loans and member referral incentives.

Read more

Hopefully, the certificate offers will be worthwhile.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,473 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,800
1. Wednesday, September 5, 2012 - 8:56 PM
Ken, is this promotion for certificates and loans only going to last for one week? Should be interesting to see what they offer.
loulou554 posts since
Aug 3, 2010
Rep Points: 3,437
2. Thursday, September 6, 2012 - 8:44 AM
This is good news.  I will probably participate.  But they also just lowered their rates.  I hope the deal is a true deal.
sunny2sunny23 posts since
Jun 3, 2010
Rep Points: 14
3. Saturday, September 8, 2012 - 11:12 AM
I have had more problems getting just one CD done correctly by Navy FCU employees even after we personally drove to their nearest branch quite a few miles from our own city.  I have had to make numerous phone calls only to find out the employee who filled out our forms did not put them through properly.  They end up correcting them "after" I call to complain but it should not be this difficult to get "one" CD done properly after we watched the employee put it into their computer.  They would have to raise their rates quite a bit higher before I would want to entrust any more of our savings to them.  Maybe they are just too big now and don't have enough qualified employees to handle accounts properly.  Although I purposely told the employee we wanted our interest mailed to us in monthly checks, upon calling from home, I found out it was not entered into the account.  They corrected it but it does not give me confidence in how they run Navy FCU.  I also found out that even if you have a joint account, they do not put both names on interest checks unless you call and request it.  Usually it is a given that a "joint" account has both names on any checks or info sent out about the CD.  I had this corrected also.
paoli2paoli21,406 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,152
4. Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 12:42 PM
While on the phone with them this afternoon on a different matter, asked about this event since it was not mentioned on their website and I had not received any notification. 

The CSRs and supervisors received a letter from the CEO/President thanking them for their efforts but they have not been informed about this event. 

Oops
pearlbrownpearlbrown1,491 posts since
Nov 2, 2010
Rep Points: 6,490