Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Fed Has Destroyed Confidence In U.S. Dollar

Monday, September 17, 2012 - 8:57 PM
It now appears that the United States has finally succeeded in its efforts to destroy confidence in the U.S. dollar. Given the currency's reserve status, its ubiquity in financial markets, and the economic power and political position of the United States, this was no easy task. However, to get the job done Washington chose the right man: Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke. Thanks to Bernanke's herculean efforts, investors across the globe have now been fully weaned from their infantile belief that the U.S. dollar will remain the ultimate safe haven currency.

Fed Has Destroyed Confidence in U.S. Dollar - Seeking Alpha
ShorebreakShorebreak2,622 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,215
1. Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 8:50 AM
This is scary stuff. Too bad nobody is paying attention.
loulou544 posts since
Aug 3, 2010
Rep Points: 3,397
2. Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 7:32 PM
If you do a little research I think you will find out he wants to go back on the gold standard, get rid of the fed etc etc etc. Check it out. Believe he is into the Australian school of thought.
Ally6770Ally6770914 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 2,658
3. Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 9:14 PM
If you do a little research I think you will find out he wants to go back on the gold standard, get rid of the fed etc etc etc. Check it out. Believe he is into the Australian school of thought.
Exactly who is "he"? Ben Bernanke, Shorebreak, or Michael Pento (the author of the Seeking Alpha article)? The subject of your pronoun is missing. Also, I think you mean the Austrian School of economics, not the "Australian" school.
WilWil242 posts since
Feb 26, 2010
Rep Points: 1,285
4. Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 8:18 AM
I think it is Bernanke who wants to go back on the "Gold Standard".  Maybe he is getting carpal tunnel syndrome from over-printing play dollars!  Like we actually have enough Gold to cover our debt!  Maybe he can try the Silver standard.The only people who have Gold nowadays is that guy who interrupts all my tv programs trying to sell it!
paoli2paoli21,372 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,011