Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Reporter Looking To Talk To Rate Chasers

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 2:20 PM
A reporter from a major newspaper is looking to talk to savers who have a history of moving their money to get the best rates on savings accounts, checking accounts and/or CDs. He's interested to know how you have held up in this awful interest rate environment.

If you are in this group and would like to talk to the reporter, you can either send me a private message (PM) or send me an email at ken at depositaccounts.com.  If you PM me, please include your email address. I will then forward your info to the reporter.

I'm hoping this type of article will give more publicity to the issue of savers being punished in this awful interest rate environment.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,471 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,634
1. Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 8:10 AM
Ken:  A lot of posters (like myself) may not want to give personal info to reporters but if they want an eyeful of how real Americans are suffering from the low interest rates they can read the notes people have left with their names on the Savers Petition.  There are a lot of sad, angry people posting how badly they are doing with these low rates.  The Petition is still up, I am just not pushing it any longer here.  That reporter can get an eyeful of what is going on just by scrolling through the signatures with their notes.  Just a thought.

BTW the Savers Petition is at:  http://signon.org/sign/the-feds-zero-percent

It wouldn't hurt our cause if that reporter mentioned we had a Savers Petition going.  Maybe it could get us a few more signatures.  Thanks!
paoli2paoli21,401 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,135
2. Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 8:53 AM
The reporter is also planning to mention the petition. Hopefully, he'll be able to contact Elle.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,471 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,634