Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

States With The Highest Tax Burden

Monday, October 29, 2012 - 2:49 PM
The Tax Foundation has an interesting study ranking the state and local tax burdens for all 50 states. Excerpt from the study:
In fiscal year 2010, the residents of three states stand above the rest, paying the highest state-local tax burdens in the country: New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. These are the only states where taxpayers forego over 12 percent of their income in state-local taxes, over a full percentage point above the next highest state, California.

Read more
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,471 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,611
1. Monday, October 29, 2012 - 4:13 PM
Hardly surprising. I've lived in NJ and NY, though not in CT. And what do we get in return for our taxes? Mostly, a history of corrupt and/or incompetent government.
WilWil242 posts since
Feb 26, 2010
Rep Points: 1,285
2. Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 10:35 AM
And they're just talking of taxes. That doesn't even take into consideration all the other fees, such as all the tolls! It is now $12 to go through the tunnels or brides from NJ to NYC -- and that is a huge part of the commuters into NYC every day! And that toll might come after paying other tolls on the highway to get you to the tunnel or bridge! Imagine a daily commute if you had to drive in. If you take transit in, don't expect that to be cheap! And if you have to go past Manhattan to your job in Brooklyn, there goes yet another toll (or another transit fare)!
me1004me1004373 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 2,597